Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 11:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,852 times

Advertisements

Its not that bad at all. No jobs here though and yes its starting to get the gangs here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 11:26 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Why should I live in Los Banos, CA?

Living en su bano (sorry no natildas) is great if you like wrinkled skin.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 4,519 times
your town is what you take the time to make it. need more things to do for kids help find them. need better schools be apart not all big towns have always been big peole make the differance! get to town meetings and get time changes for planning because most of make the trip over the hill every day for work farmers are not the olny group living here. shops ask us to buy here but are closed @ 600pm it takes all that live here to vioce need at the town meeting not just this web page. this page dose no good for inprovments but you can! just show up for life and stop crying about choices do somthing.......about it be part of a better town if the farmers are the only group comming to town metting they are the only group that will tell you how to live BE PART OF THE CHANGES SHOW UP..................

Old 10-17-2010, 05:55 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Run-on sentences or stream of thought? You decide.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:43 PM

7 posts, read 22,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by efirebird View Post
Thanks.

We're approaching our 30th day in a hotel so we have to decide what state to move to.

Have already narrowed down two houses in the East Coast. It tooks 3 days to look at 28 houses!

I guess I'll have to see what Colorado has too offer.

Pity, it would've been nice to introduce my kids to the Bay Area where I grew up.

You could have gone and lived in the outter areas like Salinas near the Monterey Bay area. Its generally less pricey and even in Pacific Grove we found a really nice condo at a price we can and are happy to afford! and its right near the ocean. Talk about luck! Our kids are grown but I grew up in this area and the schools are really good. Good luck in CO.! And good luck with the yucky humidity they have. I would rather stay here, thanks, but next year we are moving to Oregon, where alot of my friends from high school are. Cant wait.

Last edited by Blessed2B1; 11-23-2010 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: added more info

Old 11-24-2010, 04:21 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2B1 View Post
You could have gone and lived in the outter areas like Salinas near the Monterey Bay area. Its generally less pricey and even in Pacific Grove we found a really nice condo at a price we can and are happy to afford! and its right near the ocean. Talk about luck! Our kids are grown but I grew up in this area and the schools are really good. Good luck in CO.! And good luck with the yucky humidity they have. I would rather stay here, thanks, but next year we are moving to Oregon, where alot of my friends from high school are. Cant wait.
There is no humidity in Colorado.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:13 PM

58 posts, read 274,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa57 View Post
Its not that bad at all. No jobs here though and yes its starting to get the gangs here
Someone thinks that "no jobs" and "gangs" are "not that bad".

Old 12-10-2010, 10:55 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,143,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZrhythm View Post
Someone thinks that "no jobs" and "gangs" are "not that bad".
Especially since "no jobs" in this case means "no jobs within 80 miles." The only person I've ever known who lived in Los Banos, lived there because he managed two warehouses - one in San Jose and one in Fresno. Either one was a 2 hour drive.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 4,141 times
Default Teenager living in Los Banos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dablues63755 View Post
Not knowing the area at all and moving from Missouri, where would be the best place for our teenagers to live and go to school? Husband will be taking a job in Morgan Hill.

Well, Los Banos is not the best place to raise kids because at one point, our town had the highest teen pregnancy rate in the state or country and that shows you how much there is to do in this town. It has some nice people, but absolutely nothing to do. If you like small towns, go for it. But not the best for teenagers.

Kids get into trouble and even if they're not bad kids.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:42 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvluvsu View Post
Well, Los Banos is not the best place to raise kids because at one point, our town had the highest teen pregnancy rate in the state or country and that shows you how much there is to do in this town. It has some nice people, but absolutely nothing to do.
Well, apparently there is at least one thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose