Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,742 times

Advertisements

Willow Glen is #6 on the overall Top 10 list, pretty cool! We love living here and I guess that more and more people are discovering this little gem and falling in love with it too!

Which Neighborhoods Will Be the Hottest in 2013? | Redfin Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 11:15 AM

4,321 posts, read 6,282,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2swim View Post
Willow Glen is #6 on the overall Top 10 list, pretty cool! We love living here and I guess that more and more people are discovering this little gem and falling in love with it too!

Which Neighborhoods Will Be the Hottest in 2013? | Redfin Blog
I'm a bit surprised. Willow Glen isn't bad and it is nice to have its own little downtown, but I think the downtowns in many of the other Silicon Valley towns are much nicer (Los Gatos, Palo Alto, Mountain View, etc). Also, the schools in the area aren't so great. I think if one was to live in SJ and did not have school aged kids, it would be a good choice.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:16 AM

1,963 posts, read 3,043,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
I'm a bit surprised. Willow Glen isn't bad and it is nice to have its own little downtown, but I think the downtowns in many of the other Silicon Valley towns are much nicer (Los Gatos, Palo Alto, Mountain View, etc). Also, the schools in the area aren't so great. I think if one was to live in SJ and did not have school aged kids, it would be a good choice.
Heck, Campbell has a better downtown than Willow Glen !!

Old 01-17-2013, 11:53 AM

244 posts, read 592,784 times
Willow Glen is centrally located in respects to other south bay "downtowns" or urban commerce centers. As much as Los Gatos and Cambell have more to offer in their downtowns, Willow Glen is a neighborhood right in the middle of SJ. Also, areas near Willow Glen are beginning or have already begun to gentrify and retrofit themselves such as The Alameda and the W San Carlos corridor. As San jose continues to develop it's historical core neighborhoods, Willow Glen will only be that much more desireable and at the center of urban conglomeration.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:58 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,664,998 times
Livermore is number 5. Have lived here for 5 years and the demographics of the area have totally changed from a very white town to a far more diverse area more in linne with the rest of the bay area.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:48 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
This is a little surprising:
Quote:
San Francisco Peninsula #1: The Mission"The Mission used to be thought of as a rough area, but it's started to emerge as a highly desirable area over the past year. There's great diversity, tons of cultural activities and great restaurants and shopping. People are getting priced out of Noe Valley and the Castro, so the Mission is right there and a great alternative." -Redfin Agent Landon Nash
As for Willow Glen - if I had the money, it's one of the first 'hoods in SV I would consider. Worked there for 8 years, and covered the area on foot inumerable times. All kinds of craftsman homes, and friendly, mellow neighborhood feel.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:40 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,779,504 times
Yeah Willow Glen is pretty cool

Old 01-20-2013, 10:16 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,152,138 times
Without looking at the list, it doesn't really change much from year to year. These are the areas that are always among the most sought after.

- Mountain View, downtown
- Old Palo Alto
- San Mateo Park
- San Carlos downtown
- Noe Valley
- Castro

Old 01-20-2013, 12:50 PM

560 posts, read 581,473 times
Not entirely surprised, love Willow Glen! Nice homes and a great family vibe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose