U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-12-2012, 07:52 PM

3 posts, read 10,674 times

Advertisements

I was on N. Park Victoria Drive and East Calveras Rd, where I believed that I had crossed the lines before the yellow light turned to red. I was making a left turn signal and also, I noticed that there was a sign posted about a few feet away saying that "RED LIGHT ENFORCEMENT 400$ FINE". I also saw that there are cameras on top of the traffic lights which makes me think , "Are those red light cameras ? "

Also on abbott ave and west caleveras , there are cameras on top of the traffic light that looked exactly like the ones on n. park victoria drive and east caleveras rd. The weird part is that there were two on the opposite side of the rd which i was not on.

my question is are there any red light cameras in milpitas, regardless of the signs posted to scare drivers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 08:10 PM

193 posts, read 206,314 times
I remember the position of DMV (for testing) was that it was illegal to enter an intersection on yellow if you could not clear the intersection prior to the light changing red... it seems that they go by the timing of the yellow light in conjunction with the posted speed limit to determine if you entered the intersection AFTER it was yellow...

Quote:
What is the correct yellow light timing for the Red Light Camera Intersections and who establishes that timing?

California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has determined the minimum yellow light timing for each intersection based upon the posted speed limit of the roadway. Both the City of Redding and Caltrans traffic engineers have verified that the yellow light timings are in compliance with minimum Caltrans standards. Refer to the Red Light Camera Legal Documentation page for copies of the timing sheets and the Caltrans minimum yellow change timing table

RPD - Red Light Cameras
at least some guidance

Old 11-12-2012, 09:27 PM

Thanks for the information. ^

Yet, looking for some good answers if there are any red light cameras in milpitas.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 AM

807 posts, read 559,052 times
Search this board for "red light". Lots of previous posts.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 AM

38 posts, read 70,633 times
Check out trapster.com, they've got a pretty good database. Don't see any in central milpitas, though there's a couple between Milpitas and Fremont near the NUMMI plant.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:26 AM

1,404 posts, read 2,167,258 times
There are NO red light cameras anywhere in all of Santa Clara county. This topic has been addressed and re-addressed a million times on this board. You can also check the Roadshow archives on the Mercury News website where this topic has been addressed a million times as well. The only cities close to Milpitas that do have red light cameras are Fremont and Newark.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
There are NO red light cameras anywhere in all of Santa Clara county. This topic has been addressed and re-addressed a million times on this board. You can also check the Roadshow archives on the Mercury News website where this topic has been addressed a million times as well. The only cities close to Milpitas that do have red light cameras are Fremont and Newark.
Link please.

I did a search and all the archives were deleted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose