Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 08:37 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibumm18 View Post
Thanks all for the advice! Any thoughts on the large apartment villages vs a smaller house/condo?
When I rented in large apt communities when my daughter was small, we really used the swimming pool a lot. There were built-in kids to play with, too, when we would go to the pool or the playground.

The down side was they're usually noisier, and sharing washers and dryers. So look for a place where you don't have to, or do what I ended up doing, and drop your laundry off at a wash and fold place.

BTW, I know a lady from San Jose who will come pick up your laundry, weigh it, and drop it back off at your house all clean, folded and hung up. Wish I could have brought her with me to Redding! She normally doesn't go as far as Sunnyvale, but she's trying to build up business, so she just might. If you need her info, DM me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 11:20 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
When it comes time for school for your kids, consider going private. Not surprisingly, the best public schools are in very expensive school districts & neighborhoods. You may well be better off living in a (relatively more affordable) Sunnyvale or Santa Clara & sending your kids to private school to get the education quality you want.
It isn't all that bleak if you can't afford a Palo Alto, Los Gatos, or Cupertino address.

Actually, Sunnyvale and Santa Clara does have some very decent schools, depending on the location.
Parts of west Sunnyvale are zoned for Cupertino schools, which tend to be very high scoring.

Also, there are a couple of schools in the Santa Clara Unified School District (at the elementary level) that are high performing - Laurelwood and Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose