Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 02:44 PM

55 posts, read 83,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local123 View Post
This is such a bizarre response. No one is forcing me or any of my neighbors to live in SJ. We live here because we like the area. Personally if I wanted to live elsewhere I would live elsewhere. It's not that hard to understand.
I smell BS. Tech nerds are forced to live where there are tech jobs. Unfortunately, most tech people are boring, antisocial and unattractive, therefore, it comes as no surprise that they actually prefer to be around other uninteresting people. I could also see how chinese nationals with H1B visas might also think its great to escape massive pollution and government corruption to live in ANY other country except China. But, barring those two realities, there is nothing of interest in San Jose for a person who likes to do things other than hack Tinder for dates and sit in traffic.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:52 PM

197 posts, read 346,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffdog View Post
I smell BS. Tech nerds are forced to live where there are tech jobs. Unfortunately, most tech people are boring, antisocial and unattractive, therefore, it comes as no surprise that they actually prefer to be around other uninteresting people. I could also see how chinese nationals with H1B visas might also think its great to escape massive pollution and government corruption to live in ANY other country except China. But, barring those two realities, there is nothing of interest in San Jose for a person who likes to do things other than hack Tinder for dates and sit in traffic.
Huh? I was born in Santa Clara, raised in San Jose and I am now raising my own family here. I know many tech and non tech people. I own a lovely house in a nice neighborhood surrounded by geeks and non geeks alike. I am personally not a man nor a "techie nerd" so I guess I'm in that 20%. You seriously sound ridiculous. Are you from the area?

Old 08-28-2014, 05:30 PM

310 posts, read 685,473 times
I'm with duffdog on this one. But it's pretty common for people think that their hometown is the greatest place on planet earth.

Old 08-28-2014, 06:39 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,851,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagleepark View Post
But it's pretty common for people think that their hometown is the greatest place on planet earth.
Nothing wrong with that, I hope?

Old 08-28-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagleepark View Post
I'm with duffdog on this one. But it's pretty common for people think that their hometown is the greatest place on planet earth.
Right. So there is just no possible way a person can happily live in San Jose?!? You either are forced to live here because your a techie or you grew up here. Okey dokey!

Old 08-28-2014, 08:26 PM

1,486 posts, read 291,641 times
Quote:
I agree. There isn't really anything to do in San Jose that you can't find elsewhere, besides the amount of tech jobs. San Jose is also nice for boring people that are raising a family, and don't want to live through the chaos of SF or LA. No offense, my true opinion.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollsack View Post
I agree. There isn't really anything to do in San Jose that you can't find elsewhere, besides the amount of tech jobs. San Jose is also nice for boring people that are raising a family, and don't want to live through the chaos of SF or LA. No offense, my true opinion.
Oh I get it now. You have to have a family now too in order to tolerate it. Try harder!

Old 08-28-2014, 08:40 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,759,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollsack View Post
I used to think that San Francisco was more expensive. I don't think San Jose even deserves to cost so much money, considering how boring it is.
There is no such thing as deserves to cost so much. It is simply supply and demand. There has been a shortage of housing in San Jose since the early 70's.

San Francisco is a lot more expensive than San Jose.

"Consumer Prices Including Rent in San Francisco, CA are 22.57% higher than in San Jose, CA
Rent Prices in San Francisco, CA are 34.39% higher than in San Jose, CA"

CD does not allow me to post the link.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local123 View Post
This is such a bizarre response. No one is forcing me or any of my neighbors to live in SJ. We live here because we like the area. Personally if I wanted to live elsewhere I would live elsewhere. It's not that hard to understand.
Exactly. If you don't like San Jose then don't live there.
The people saying these stupid things are just immature uneducated people. I suspect many are teenagers.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Are you 12 years old? No mature adult speaks like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose