Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 10:29 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,859,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
I agree! Far too many stations. Well, it does need an Oakland stop because that is a major deep water port. Long Beach for the same reason. But it doesn't need 5 stops between San Diego and Los Angeles like it does now, and there should not be any stops between SF and SJ.

Really SF doesn't need a stop because of Caltrain, but like I said, politically they have to put one there.
I actually do think SF need a stop. I don't think you save all that much money by having HSR stop in San Jose. And if I'm paying the big bucks to use HSR, I sure as heck don't want to change trains going from SJ to SF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 11:30 PM

555 posts, read 714,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post
Personally I think the rail has too many stations. There should be only 6 stations: SF, SJ, Sacramento, Fresno, LA, and SD.

The less stations the faster we go.

I don't know why we need a Gilroy station, so ridiculous. If people want to go to LA from Gilroy via HSR, they just drive to the SJ station.
Like I have said before, not every train must stop at every station. Hence why almost all stations withh have passing tracks.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:37 PM

366 posts, read 452,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folks3000 View Post
Like I have said before, not every train must stop at every station. Hence why almost all stations withh have passing tracks.
The passing tracks are such a dumb idea. Can we have those near EPA or East Oakland or the central valley where they won't affect much?

Old 10-02-2014, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folks3000 View Post
In that case, I'm all good

Old 10-02-2014, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBR View Post
The passing tracks are such a dumb idea. Can we have those near EPA or East Oakland or the central valley where they won't affect much?
Why would that be a dumb idea?

Old 10-02-2014, 03:19 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,041,725 times
Quote:
Just look at all the posts he's made on this subject, and the question is answered.

Old 10-04-2014, 05:26 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Obviously, because the poor people to the east deserve to have the adverse effects rain down on them much more than the rich to the west. It is still America, right? Very Right.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:58 PM

366 posts, read 452,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Obviously, because the poor people to the east deserve to have the adverse effects rain down on them much more than the rich to the west. It is still America, right? Very Right.
They can deal with it better. They're used to loud noises, shady atmosphere, and chunks of metal speeding by.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:21 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBR View Post
They can deal with it better. They're used to loud noises, shady atmosphere, and chunks of metal speeding by.
Well, yes, and they certainly deserve it, as they clearly have been chosen from above to live in awfulness.

Ever heard of environmental racism?

Old 10-07-2014, 04:06 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmordean View Post
I don't see why it would be any worse than the current CalTrain. If anything, electrified trains, even if running at somewhat higher speed (they won't run max speed along the Peninsula), will probably be much quieter than the current CalTrains.
Quote:
I actually do think SF need a stop. I don't think you save all that much money by having HSR stop in San Jose. And if I'm paying the big bucks to use HSR, I sure as heck don't want to change trains going from SJ to SF.
I don't understand why some people here can't recognis ze that putting downtown San Francisco on a direct route from the Southland to Sacramento would be extremely expensive, if not physically impossible. You would need yet another crossing of the Bay, probably by a tunnel and using BART's would be problematical as that system uses a different gauge (distance between the rails), plus different operating patterns.

Between them, BART and CalTrain can provide adequate service to the proposed line which, as previously pointed out is likely to be built in stages over a number of years.

It should also be recognized that while a double-track line is perfectly adequate for the current CalTrain service (very little freight originates there, it's low-valued stuff and can be serviced in off-peak hours) mixing CalTrain with services capable of higher speeds (as is currently the practice on the East Coast "Northeast Corridor"), would require at least three, probably four tracks. And the returns in the from of reduced transit times are likely to be marginal due to the thickly settled portions of the Peninsula necessitating lower speeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose