Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 10:31 AM

1,696 posts, read 2,853,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchyno View Post
hey bobby, so just check these out first: Google Search: san jose gangs & Google Images Search: san jose gangs & City-data.com (Google.com) Search: san jose gangs

i guess it all depends where you are but not being familliar with anything around there i just figured i'd ask around to make sure. wouldn't you or anyone in general do the same?
I would do the same, yes, but looking at those links I'm not sure how you come to associate San Jose with "gangs". I mean, gang is prevalent in every big city in the world. It's practically something that comes with being a big city. It's just the degree of gang activity that signifies whether one city is gang-ridden or not.

So from looking at those link results, did you come to the conclusion that San Jose is gang-ridden?

Like I said, I appreciate your answers. I am just curious in how people make the connection of San Jose to being "ghetto" or "gang-ridden", mainly because I've been seeing a lot of those insinuations lately the past few years on the forum. So thanks for putting up with my nagging questions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 05:05 PM

10 posts, read 25,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post
I would do the same, yes, but looking at those links I'm not sure how you come to associate San Jose with "gangs". I mean, gang is prevalent in every big city in the world. It's practically something that comes with being a big city. It's just the degree of gang activity that signifies whether one city is gang-ridden or not.

So from looking at those link results, did you come to the conclusion that San Jose is gang-ridden?

Like I said, I appreciate your answers. I am just curious in how people make the connection of San Jose to being "ghetto" or "gang-ridden", mainly because I've been seeing a lot of those insinuations lately the past few years on the forum. So thanks for putting up with my nagging questions
its all good. no worries man. thanks for your honest feedback.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:05 AM

9 posts, read 14,782 times
Have you moved in? How are you finding the area?

Old 02-21-2015, 08:49 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,055,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
I think it makes plenty of sense.

The Target at Oakridge Mall is so busy, at every hour, every day of the week, that I often can't find a parking spot in that five story parking structure. Even though it's farther away, I now go to the new one on Cottle just because I'm guaranteed to be able to park.
Silly people driving to something that has a light rail station literally across the street from it. I walk there from Ohlone-Chenowyth all the time, and there's actually a light rail literally across the street from the mall, about 5 minute walk into Sears. Although that one is kind of redundant unless it is raining or really hot, because you can walk from Ohlone-Chenowyth too.

I can see driving there if you're going to buy something big.

Quote:
That new location on Great Oaks is sorely needed. The population in So San Jose can easily support the new shopping center IMHO.
Eh I'd support more dense housing instead of a shopping center. That's right near the light rail, that's where you need dense housing. Big high rise condo/apartments, several hundred units.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:52 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,055,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post
Yeah, San Jose is a safe city. Maybe East Side could be considered gang-ridden but even that isn't as bad as say South Central Los Angeles. But South Side is really safe imho.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 592 times
By now you probably have figured out that Makati Circle and the immediate area is really nice. Quiet, well maintained and a desirable area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose