Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 02:14 PM

293 posts, read 191,414 times

Advertisements

Because i know a furry con is held there and was wondering about the weather in january
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 02:48 PM

1,318 posts, read 3,553,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
Because i know a furry con is held there and was wondering about the weather in january
Usually, it is , any given day there is about a 50% chance that it will be overcast, and 25% chance that it will rain. At night it will drop into the 30s, and during the day it will be in the 50s or low 60s, rarely it will be in the 40s.

The weather the last few years has been nice in winter, we are in a severe drought.

The weekend of Further Confusion this year was sunny, and in the 60s. San Jose has been having nice winter weather the last few years, fairly sunny, and the lack of rain has put us in a severe drought. If the drought continues, expect 80% chance that it will be sunny.

Old 05-22-2015, 03:15 PM

4,315 posts, read 6,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal2007 View Post
Usually, it is , any given day there is about a 50% chance that it will be overcast, and 25% chance that it will rain. At night it will drop into the 30s, and during the day it will be in the 50s or low 60s, rarely it will be in the 40s.

The weather the last few years has been nice in winter, we are in a severe drought.

The weekend of Further Confusion this year was sunny, and in the 60s. San Jose has been having nice winter weather the last few years, fairly sunny, and the lack of rain has put us in a severe drought. If the drought continues, expect 80% chance that it will be sunny.
Let's not forget to add that this drought makes for very poor air quality in the Bay Area. The air tends to stagnate, as you don't get the ocean breezes in the winter and we haven't had the storms to clear out the air, as in previous years. The past couple years, we've had more spare the air days in January than in about just any other month.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:18 AM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
As pointed out, the last few years have been very dry and sunny, with afternoon temps warmer than usual in most winter months. But the average high/low for San Jose in January is 59/42 with 3 inches of rain, with an average of 10 days of rain over the month. But the rainfall varies a lot from year to year. It's been very dry the last 4 years. But there have also been years here where it's rained 25 out of 31 days in Jan. You never know.

The temperatures are more consistent from year to year than the rainfall. It almost always reaches at least 50 for the afternoon high and dips below freezing only 6 days per year (more freezing nights as you get farther away from the Bay).

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?casjos+nca

Old 05-24-2015, 01:36 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
Quote:
Compared to what? There won't be snow or ice. There might be some rain. You might need a jacket and an umbrella. It won't be anything more severe than that. It could get down into the 30's at night, but will probably be in the 60's at least during the day.

Remember, we have ripe oranges in the winter here :-)

And what's a furry con?

Old 05-24-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Compared to what? There won't be snow or ice. There might be some rain. You might need a jacket and an umbrella. It won't be anything more severe than that. It could get down into the 30's at night, but will probably be in the 60's at least during the day.

Remember, we have ripe oranges in the winter here :-)

And what's a furry con?
Here is explanation.

Furry convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Surprised that someone on the internet didn't know what furries are. most people on the internet seem to know what the fandom is.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:24 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
Quote:
Here is explanation.

Furry convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Surprised that someone on the internet didn't know what furries are. most people on the internet seem to know what the fandom is.
Well, I guess I'm just special. But since when did everyone who uses the Internet know everything that is on it?

This reminds me of a really creepy CSI episode...where people were dressed up in weird costumes at some convention. Guess it was a fandom furry fandango with fickle freaks of fantasy...

Old 05-24-2015, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Well, I guess I'm just special. But since when did everyone who uses the Internet know everything that is on it?

This reminds me of a really creepy CSI episode...where people were dressed up in weird costumes at some convention. Guess it was a fandom furry fandango with fickle freaks of fantasy...
Yup,Of course that CSI episode is entirely fiction and the stuff that is portrayed in the show don't happen at cons. Must be part of the net i hang out on,i notice on the part of youtube i hang out on there is either hate for furries or support for the fandom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
View detailed profiles of: