Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 07:31 PM

7 posts, read 8,189 times

Advertisements

I am looking to get a puppy, either French Bulldog or Boston Terrier. Does anyone have any dog breeder experience or recommendation in the Bay area? Also, what is the reasonable price for both breeds in the area?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 08:29 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,742,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcyh View Post
I am looking to get a puppy, either French Bulldog or Boston Terrier. Does anyone have any dog breeder experience or recommendation in the Bay area? Also, what is the reasonable price for both breeds in the area?

Thanks!
I like my dogs naturally bred but i do know that if you want a pure-bred, it's important to be very careful re; who you get your dog from.
You don't want to support puppy mills and you don't want a dog who has been improperly bred / over bred.

Maybe the American Kennel Club is still a good resource for pure-bred information / education.
It used to be. I'd start there. And be careful. There are so many bad people exploiting dogs and exploiting people who want a dog but who aren't sufficiently educated. Good luck.

American Kennel Club - The Dog's Champion - American Kennel Club

Old 02-19-2016, 10:39 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
If you INSIST on getting a purebred dog, at least get him/her a mixed breed rescue dog for a companion. The rescue dog will be the better dog.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
If you INSIST on getting a purebred dog, at least get him/her a mixed breed rescue dog for a companion. The rescue dog will be the better dog.
Mixing up the gene pool is always a good idea. And there are so, so many unwanted dogs on "death row" that need a good home. That said, there are good pure-breds still. But these puppy mills and the dogs that have been over-bred ... not good!

Old 02-20-2016, 01:48 PM

I agree and hate the puppy mills so that's why I am here asking advice. Otherwise, I've gone to those mills you can find online.

The only reason that I didn't choose to adopt a mix puppy was that my apartment only allows small dogs, but shelter puppy is a risk that you don't know how big the dog will grow up to. The apartment manager suggested us not to get mix puppy since several times tenants had to leave because their mix puppy grew too big for the apartment. And I do want a puppy so that I can train its behavior early. Shelter mix is just too much uncertainty for me and my apartment management.

So, anyone knows any good, ethical place to get a Boston Terrier that is not from a puppy mill?

Old 02-20-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I agree and hate the puppy mills so that's why I am here asking advice. Otherwise, I've gone to those mills you can find online.

The only reason that I didn't choose to adopt a mix puppy was that my apartment only allows small dogs, but shelter puppy is a risk that you don't know how big the dog will grow up to. The apartment manager suggested us not to get mix puppy since several times tenants had to leave because their mix puppy grew too big for the apartment. And I do want a puppy so that I can train its behavior early. Shelter mix is just too much uncertainty for me and my apartment management.

So, anyone knows any good, ethical place to get a Boston Terrier that is not from a puppy mill?

I already provided a link for you.
I quickly registered. It's easy it's free.
I put in "Boston Terrier" and used a San Jose zip code and i found 3 breeders that are approved by the American Kennel Club.
Why don't you try doing that instead of trusting someone on-line that you don't even know?

Old 02-21-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
I already provided a link for you.
I quickly registered. It's easy it's free.
I put in "Boston Terrier" and used a San Jose zip code and i found 3 breeders that are approved by the American Kennel Club.
Why don't you try doing that instead of trusting someone on-line that you don't even know?

Thank you blueskywalker. I have contacted the three breeders on AKC two days ago and now waiting for their responses. Their last litters showing on the AKC website was Oct 2015 so I am not sure if they have puppies at this moment. Finger crossed!

In case of the three AKC breeders are not available, I would like to have other options. I saw on Meetup group discussion and people referred Day Boston Terrier, not sure if anyone has any experience with them here?

Old 02-21-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Thank you blueskywalker. I have contacted the three breeders on AKC two days ago and now waiting for their responses. Their last litters showing on the AKC website was Oct 2015 so I am not sure if they have puppies at this moment. Finger crossed!

In case of the three AKC breeders are not available, I would like to have other options. I saw on Meetup group discussion and people referred Day Boston Terrier, not sure if anyone has any experience with them here?
O.k. Good luck. Just be careful with on-line relationships with anyone regarding anything. And re; dogs .... trust and imagine that the right puppy for you is out there and be patient and realize that you'll find each other when it's time. That's my approach anyway.
And really educate yourself about how not to get bamboozled when it comes to purchasing a pure-bred.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
O.k. Good luck. Just be careful with on-line relationships with anyone regarding anything. And re; dogs .... trust and imagine that the right puppy for you is out there and be patient and realize that you'll find each other when it's time. That's my approach anyway.
And really educate yourself about how not to get bamboozled when it comes to purchasing a pure-bred.
Thanks again. I like your mindset of "trust and imagine that the right puppy for you is out there and be patient and realize that you'll find each other when it's time."

Old 02-22-2016, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Thanks again. I like your mindset of "trust and imagine that the right puppy for you is out there and be patient and realize that you'll find each other when it's time."

All the best. I love dogs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
View detailed profiles of: