Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 08:28 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,740,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliefrijole71 View Post
You forgot to add those who are under the influence of some sort of legal or illegal drug that is impairing their driving. That's my first thought when I see erratic behavior on the road, and I try to get away from those folks as quickly as possible.
It's much more likely that they're texting or looking at / being distracted by some damn device or another.
I see it so often. Texting, et al while driving should carry the same penalties as drinking and driving!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 09:44 AM

163 posts, read 796,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
I totally agree but I was trying to avoid coming across as racist. I work in the car business and a high percentage of our clientele is foreign-born. I'm blown away by how badly some of them drive. I along with many of my co-workers have had the displeasure of having to go for road tests with some of them. I've had customers who are in their 30s or 40s and the car they are driving is the first car they've ever owned! Often times they have no clue how to work even the most basic controls.
Totally agree with this. I am an Indian guy who USED to live in the bay area. While I did regular driving while I got closer to 30, most of my commutes(biker to work) in the bay involved having a kid or two in the back seat and/or needed short usage of the freeway(3-5 exits) at best so I either stuck to the exit lane or the lane to its left. Yup, when I was in a real hurry, I'd of course take the carpool lane and gun it home. I did make it a point of checking out safe driving tips each year just to be safe - no one wants to be in a crash with such small kids. One of the worst roads I feard driving on was towards N Mathilda in the evenings - tons of tech employees merging from left(Yahoo) and right(Moffett Towers) - you never know who will cut into your lane without using turn signs.

Now I expect to be accused of "kissing white ass"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose