Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2023, 10:57 AM

3,334 posts, read 2,257,047 times

Advertisements

I am surprised no one is posting this on City-data.com*That two California Senators district San Jose made news in revealing how the city is out of control in closing down half the city in fear of Cinco De Mayo chaos and flash cruising mobs and violated those who simply live, work, or do anything including simply passing through any where east of 87 on the first week of May. Apparently they used Race as a factor. But I been thinking its only that as otherwise*the politically*correct media and state won't care how many regular people of all ethnicities including Mexican American that want nothing to do with Cinco De Mayo, (fact: Only those from from state of Puebla get crazy over it) were forced last week to stay in unannounced traffic quarantine courtesy of city of San Jose and Caltrans with all those drunk out of control revelers simply trying to get home from work, school, church, or otherwise.*Apparently complaints occurred alot in the past but those in power turned deaf ears on them. Even more crazy are sharks games adding to the chaos that week, fortunately thats gone though. Apparently for years there had not been enough attention on this but I remember being stuck on 280 for and hour and half trying to get home from a church in Daly City with no info on the radio for the first half hour. If I had prior notice I would had taken another route to get around San Jose completely. I do have a feeling that the city had backroom deals with CHP, the county, and Caltrans on the closure plans under a strict nondisclosure policy to the public in any way.

I for many years had asked if the city knows this event is going to occur and they would be using road closures why not turn on electronic signs for those approaching San jose on major roads should massive delays occur for those who are merely trying to get through. And let all local residents in the South Bay as well as employers know ahead of time so workers can stay home and possibly work from remote. Those attending church on first week of May were often screwed getting two and from church. As well as notice news traffic sources. There is not much planning around it as we don't exactly know where or when and anytime during first week of May is vulnerable starting May 1st.

The first week of May is not the only time the city shows imcomptency though. Other times include when Mardi Gras, St Patricks Day when unannounced detours occur in the past. I also remember being part of the Amgen California bicycle race route and information was poorly relayed to residents who's only way in and out of home was blocked for 2 hours. But the only notice to residents in the area was expect delays that day. Police officers who abruptly shut down roads when parents were rushing to schools to pick up kids were very disrespectful when confused drivers try to ask them questions in the chaos. On top of that an ambulance with sirens on was not able to get through the closed roads apparently the organizers claimed they let emergency services know ahead of time but this example showed otherwise.*I am surprised no one posted this on City data despite making news and disrupting the lives of those who merely must be east of 87 in San Jose for any reason. I guess they know nothing would change however this serves as a warning to anyone planning on moving to the South Bay or plan to do so.

Last edited by citizensadvocate; 05-14-2023 at 11:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose