Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 11:29 AM

2,437 posts, read 8,182,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegirl View Post
Well, I am now apprehensive about our upcoming move from Kansas (the state which according to Joker32 is surprisingly amazing compared to SV for the dating scene for males) to California. My DH got a job in SV, and we are about to buy a home in Woodside...
Woodside is very nice. It's also home to some of the richest folks in the area, but you probably know that already. I don't think the dating scene is very good, unless you're looking for a sugar daddy, but SF is only about a 30-40 minute drive away.

What's a DH? (designated hitter?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 12:31 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,347,216 times
dirty husband

Old 08-28-2008, 12:41 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,182,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
dirty husband
Which would explain why she's inquiring about the dating scene for males.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:29 PM

6 posts, read 10,898 times
You make me Treedonkey! DH stands for darling husband, but I guess dirty husband works too! I wasn't really asking about the dating scene for males,only referencing Joker32's comment. I just found it funny that he was surprised that Kansas had a good dating scene. I guess most people think we spend all of our time in the barn!

Old 09-04-2008, 04:32 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Yes, I can see your point. Roseville and/or other Sac. area suburbs seem to be a popular trade-off for Bay Area refugees. I used to live in Sac. myself.

I would say the problem with Sac. is they have the same "suburban sprawl" development policies as most other places in America so the traffic will only get worse as time goes on.

But the real estate there is definitely cheaper, although still not cheap. But I guess if you could afford to live there on one income, I can see that it would be still worth the tradeoff.

I don't blame you for not wanting your child to be raised by day care.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:35 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
I didn't mean any offense. The reality is that immigrants find the US, even the more expensive parts of the US appealing...otherwise they wouldn't come here.

I do object to illegal immigration...but that is now what I was referring to in my previous post.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:50 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,544,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I didn't mean any offense. The reality is that immigrants find the US, even the more expensive parts of the US appealing...otherwise they wouldn't come here.

I do object to illegal immigration...but that is now what I was referring to in my previous post.
I think you're probably referring to my reply to one of your older posts. I'm sure you probably didn't mean any offense, but many people don't realize how offensive they sound when discussing immigrants and immigration these days. The disgusted attitudes that are directed towards immigrants are a little uncomfortable for some of us.

Yes, immigrants find the US appealing due to the lifestyles and the opportunities. That's been the case for over 200 years now, and has been the case for all of our ancestors. Many immigrants make huge sacrifices and take astronomical risks just for the opportunity to provide a better life for their families. And what they're met with here is total disdain and disrespect most of the time, especially if their first language is Spanish.

In any event, this is getting pretty far off subject. Maybe I'll start a new thread about it just to stir the pot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose