U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-29-2008, 11:40 PM

145 posts, read 424,823 times

Advertisements

Being quite new to bay area, I'd like to know if parking at SFO airport is quite a hassle like it is in the SF area. I have a friend to pick up at noon tomorrow and I was wondering what's the best option : Will I find a parking spot if I drive up or should I book a parking ticket online?
I'm looking for short term parking so will I need quarters or credit cards work fine?
I hope the short term parking lot is close enough to the arrivals lounge.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 01:59 AM

801 posts, read 1,365,001 times
SFO has a large short-term parking garage. You should not have any problems finding a spot there; the top floor of the garage is almost always half-empty. You can pay using credit card or cash when you leave the garage. I believe that it costs around $5/hour in short-term parking.

If your friend is coming in on United or American, go to Concourse C, otherwise go to Concourse A for all other domestic flights. Just take the garage elevator to the bottom floor, walk about the walkway, and take the escalator up. You should arrive in the baggage claim area.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:30 AM

145 posts, read 424,823 times
Thank you so much!!

Old 10-30-2008, 12:03 PM

6,835 posts, read 16,763,003 times
Just for future reference, you can also book airport parking for $6 a day at BART stations, then take a train to the airport. I recommend parking at San Bruno because I had my windshield smashed in (vandalism) while parked at the Millbrae station in the evening. There's better police presence in SB since the city's station is right next door to the parking garage.

BART - Parking

Old 11-08-2008, 05:56 PM

24,822 posts, read 28,320,400 times
For future reference: There's also a free "cell phone waiting area" one (two?) exit north of the airport - which is great if you arrive early, or if your friend's plane is delayed. The parking is really expensive otherwise, and not worth getting unless you HAVE to help them through the airport. If you're just picking up at the curb, try to time yourself to be late, and/or use the cell phone waiting lot... warning, it's a lot farther than they have you believe, and easy to get lost if you don't pay CLOSE attention to the signs.

You cannot wait more than a few seconds at the curb, although I sometimes get away with playing the "I'm re-arranging my trunk while she's on her way from the baggage claim" for like 5 minutes tops. At least they're not as Nazi-like as the San Jose airport folks, one of whom I got into a shouting match with last time I picked up my sister - who was literally walking towards me as the parking lady was trying to move me along. I was like SHE'S RIGHT THERE, YOU B---!! LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose