Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 11:33 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,898 times

Advertisements

As seen today the in the San Jose Jerk-u-ree News, a stunning article, a follow on from yesterday, about the over 50 "homeless" people who died unwanted in the streets of the valley....

Indeed, this is disgusting beyond all words....the Jerk-Merc is absolutely correct on this issue!

So...

Here is the solution.

Force....that is FORCE all the rich silicon valley dot-com executives who live in all those HUGE HOUSES...(more like palaces...more like MANSIONS...)...
FORCE these CEO types to put up homeless people in these huge homes, these "estates". That is the ONLY fair and equitable solution to the problem.
I know PERSONALLY the locations of all these huge homes, and exactly how many people live in them, and it is quite common to have a family of TWO or four living in a mansion with eight nine or even FIFTEEN rooms. It is common all over the Bay Area.
So, take all theses "estates" in Atherton, Saratoga, Menlo Park Woodside, Burlingame, Millbrae and put homeless people in them. Give these people a chance, give them a place to live!!!
Lets get all the Shtanfurd and Bazerkeley pro-fess-ors to open up their huge homes to those out there that are living on the street. It is only fair, and the prof's have the extra rooms. I know of one lady who lives in a six bedroom house with her 40 year old virgin son....so there are FOUR bedrooms for the homeless RIGHT THERE....bring them in ....it is only FAIR!!!
Get the universities to build housing!
Shtanfurd has TONS of open land....just sitting there covered with grass and trees! Make the universitiy build housing for the homeless on ALL this land! IT IS ONLY FAIR!!!!
How dare these people with extra rooms, with large properties, WITH HUGE homes DENY the homeless? Get all the professors in Palo Alto to open up thier doors!

That will end this nightmare of homeless dying on the streets....alone...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 03:30 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,582,247 times
You can't be serious? This is your solution? If this was really the solution, you'd have every middle class person all of a sudden claiming to be "homeless". Shoot, I'd move back down there just to be homeless.

Those aweful rich people. How dare they bust their asses to make something of themselves. Sounds like another case of take from the rich and give to the poor.

How about forcing them all to get mental healthcare, then get them jobs? That would be a real solution. But if you did that, you'd make them do something they didn't want to do.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:10 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,154,335 times
What a weird post. Wouldn't it make more sense for the banks to rent out some of the foreclosed houses?

Old 12-19-2008, 04:43 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,724,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
As seen today the in the San Jose Jerk-u-ree News, a stunning article, a follow on from yesterday, about the over 50 "homeless" people who died unwanted in the streets of the valley....

Indeed, this is disgusting beyond all words....the Jerk-Merc is absolutely correct on this issue!
Maybe you should take some homeless people into your own home and practice what you preach. Have you donated anything lately to a food bank? They're running low this winter.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:47 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,272,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post

So...

Here is the solution.

Force....that is FORCE all the rich silicon valley dot-com executives who live in all those HUGE HOUSES...(more like palaces...more like MANSIONS...)...
FORCE these CEO types to put up homeless people in these huge homes, these "estates". That is the ONLY fair and equitable solution to the problem.
I know PERSONALLY the locations of all these huge homes, and exactly how many people live in them, and it is quite common to have a family of TWO or four living in a mansion with eight nine or even FIFTEEN rooms. It is common all over the Bay Area.
So, take all theses "estates" in Atherton, Saratoga, Menlo Park Woodside, Burlingame, Millbrae and put homeless people in them. Give these people a chance, give them a place to live!!!
Lets get all the Shtanfurd and Bazerkeley pro-fess-ors to open up their huge homes to those out there that are living on the street. It is only fair, and the prof's have the extra rooms. I know of one lady who lives in a six bedroom house with her 40 year old virgin son....so there are FOUR bedrooms for the homeless RIGHT THERE....bring them in ....it is only FAIR!!!
Get the universities to build housing!
Shtanfurd has TONS of open land....just sitting there covered with grass and trees! Make the universitiy build housing for the homeless on ALL this land! IT IS ONLY FAIR!!!!
How dare these people with extra rooms, with large properties, WITH HUGE homes DENY the homeless? Get all the professors in Palo Alto to open up thier doors!

That will end this nightmare of homeless dying on the streets....alone...
What do you mean they already mave mobile broadband,enough is enough.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:04 PM

253 posts, read 1,131,228 times
May want to read this article:

"S.F. blames out-of-towners for endless homeless problem"

S.F. blames out-of-towners for endless homeless problem

$190 million a year on spending to help the homeless in SF. Works out to be about $68k per homeless person (2771 population). Maybe give them a check for $25k to buy a house in Ohio/wherever and send them on their way back.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:49 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
You can't just blame Wealthy/Rich people in this world for social problems. These are the people who employ the middle class and give jobs, so why punish them? I agree that the rich could give more of their wealth to try to help people who are on hard times, but there are those who choose this lifestyle.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:13 PM

702 posts, read 2,295,760 times
There will always be homeless people, no matter how bountiful the free handouts are. I have met a few chronically homeless people, even people within my own age group and status (ie: childless, college). Sometimes you just have to face the fact that not everybody can thrive in our modern society - they just can't. I know one guy who is my same age, has had plenty of opportunity in his life...but he's perpetually homeless. Just can't hold a steady job, despite being quite bright and a great conversationalist. That doesn't pay the bills, though. He bounces from job to job, and when he doesn't bounce, he ends up sleeping under bridges. Literally. But there's always free food available at various food banks and soup kitchens, so people like him keep on going.

I've helped struggling people occasionally in the form of food or clothing. Never money. I'm not responsible for the deficiences of others. Survival of the fittest. And I was "officially" homeless once in my life, living out of my car for 3 months. It sucked. I corrected the situation quickly and have been un-homeless since then.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:23 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,582,247 times
I agree 100% with fnord. I have a very good friend who is always struggling financially. He is one of my best friends, and I know everything about him. Including most of his finances. He was broke when he was making $9.00/hour, and he's still broke when he's making $50K per year (in a less than expensive town).

Point being, I believe it doesn't matter how much some people make. $50K per year of $500K per year, their financial situation will be the same. Certain people will mismanage themselves out of existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose