U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 03-14-2012, 02:07 PM

420 posts, read 264,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal2007 View Post
I usually book a towncar from near downtown San Jose to SFO, for $85 + tip. This is a lot more expensive than Super Shuttle. But it is certainly not as much as the previous poster mentioned for car service. $150 is the cost of a taxi from SFO to San Jose, which includes the 50% surcharge because of the SFO taxis.
The $150-$250 is based on the priced quoted by the car services listed on the SFO (airport) web site. What car service do you use for $85? (I'm always looking for alternate/backup drivers.) Are you very happy with the service/driver(s) ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-14-2012, 02:36 PM

836 posts, read 1,327,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
The $150-$250 is based on the priced quoted by the car services listed on the SFO (airport) web site. What car service do you use for $85? (I'm always looking for alternate/backup drivers.) Are you very happy with the service/driver(s) ??
I found this place on yelp, I'm pretty happy with the service so far, but I'm not a demanding guy, I just want a ride to and from the airport, and to be on time.
Limo Fiesta - San Jose, CA

I have used it once to go from my home in San Jose to SFO, and back when I went on vacation to Spain, I will be going to Peru this weekend, I booked a ride to SFO for Saturday, and will probably book it back from SFO when I get back. I'll let you know if I run into any issues. While I'm not jumping for joy at the prospect of spending over $100 (including tip) to go to the airport, I know realistically a taxi would be at least as much, and one from the airport at least $150.

Unread 03-25-2012, 05:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,519 times
VIP Shuttle costs less than $50 from San Jose West to SFO. The two times I used their service, I was always the lone passenger so I felt like it was a personal service for me. They would call the day before to confirm pickup, were always on time and the drivers were courteous.

VIP Shuttle - Airport Shuttle Services for the San Francisco Bay Area, serving San Francisco Airport, San Jose Airport and Oakland Airport. We offer the lowest fare door-to-door airport transportation.

Unread 03-26-2012, 01:00 PM

39 posts, read 45,244 times
Try airport shuttles as it is the fast, reliable and inexpensive way to travel to and from the airports in San Francisco. Although the cheapest ride is still public transportation, but it is far from time efficient and sometimes very inconvenient.

Last edited by printingray; 03-26-2012 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: size

Unread 08-01-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal2007 View Post
I found this place on yelp, I'm pretty happy with the service so far, but I'm not a demanding guy, I just want a ride to and from the airport, and to be on time.
Limo Fiesta - San Jose, CA

I have used it once to go from my home in San Jose to SFO, and back when I went on vacation to Spain, I will be going to Peru this weekend, I booked a ride to SFO for Saturday, and will probably book it back from SFO when I get back. I'll let you know if I run into any issues. While I'm not jumping for joy at the prospect of spending over $100 (including tip) to go to the airport, I know realistically a taxi would be at least as much, and one from the airport at least $150.

I was wondering how the ride went with Limo Fiesta. I'm assuming it was a "town car" or something similar, and not a van nor an actual stretch limo.

Unread 08-01-2012, 06:55 PM

836 posts, read 1,327,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
I was wondering how the ride went with Limo Fiesta. I'm assuming it was a "town car" or something similar, and not a van nor an actual stretch limo.
I used it 4 times, yeah, it is a town car, not a limo or a van. You can book a limo, but it is more expensive, I wouldn't bother with that to go to the airport.

Unread 08-01-2012, 08:05 PM

3,996 posts, read 2,605,731 times
Take VTA to a BART station and then take BART to SFO (takes you right inside of the terminal).

Unread 08-02-2012, 04:44 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,033,482 times
If you can get to San Jose Airport, the Monterey Airbus will pick up people there on its way to SFO for $20.

Monterey Airbus Shuttle Service

Unread 11-11-2012, 04:37 AM

3 posts, read 1,994 times
Use Airport Taxi Cab SFO SJC OAK they provide airport services in all over bay area. They don't charge the airport tax. Their drivers park near all major airports, but you have to make reservation with them. You can book online Airport Taxi Cab Services SFO SJC OAK - YELLOW TAXI CAB TO SFO SJC OAK AIRPORT 650-366-9999

Unread 11-11-2012, 12:26 PM

I would guess that the previous poster is somehow affiliated with the company. This is NOT an inexpensive SJ->SJ option. Their rates are pretty standard taxi rates :
$3.00 Flag Drop (1st 1/10 of a mile)
$0.30 Each 1/10 of a mile thereafter
$35.00 per hour waiting

SJ to SFO (assuming no wait, and 40.1 mile trip) would cost approx $3 + $123.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose