U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 07:21 PM

991 posts, read 1,655,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
I would guess that the previous poster is somehow affiliated with the company. This is NOT an inexpensive SJ->SJ option. Their rates are pretty standard taxi rates :
$3.00 Flag Drop (1st 1/10 of a mile)
$0.30 Each 1/10 of a mile thereafter
$35.00 per hour waiting

SJ to SFO (assuming no wait, and 40.1 mile trip) would cost approx $3 + $123.
I would second the idea of not taking a taxi, unfortunately taxi fares are really expensive if you're traveling long distances, downtown SJ to SFO is 36 miles, 40 miles is realistic for a lot of east and south San Jose, only north and west San Jose are closer. The car service company I listed is not the only car service that can take you to and from the airport for a reasonable rate, it is the only one I use because I haven't had issues with them, and see no reason to try another one, but what I did to find a company is go on Yelp and look up towncar service or black car service companies or limo companies, and then went to each companies site to find their rates to SFO.

I personally prefer taking car service because it is direct, but shuttle service is cheaper if you can spare the time. Last time I got back from an international flight, back from Poland in July, I got back around 2PM, I just took BART to Caltrain to VTA, I live a block from a VTA light rail station, I think the whole trip cost me like $13, not cheap but much less than the $100 or so I spend on towncar service, it also took almost 90 minutes, but after taking so many trains in Europe it didn't bother me, I was travelling alone that time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 PM

3 posts, read 2,841 times
Lol.. i m not affiliated with any one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose