Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 03:28 PM

65 posts, read 190,612 times

Advertisements

Anyone felt the earthquake earlier today around 10:40? It was 4.3 on the Richter Scale. I live in Downtown and it pretty much shook my whole apartment complex.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 04:16 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,143,792 times
I felt it pretty good in north SJ. Felt like a bus was running under my cubicle.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:48 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Makes for an interesting morning at the office. Kind of glad that the rolling action subsided, b/c that sort of motion was how the Northridge quake started...and lasted, and built up, and lasted, and...ended up being a bit of a b**ch.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:44 PM

4 posts, read 14,545 times
every hour has an earthquake, here is full list:
Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days

Old 04-02-2009, 09:01 PM

213 posts, read 744,575 times
Its crazy! own here in the San Diego area we've been getting hit alot. at least 4 with a magnitude over 3.4 since last summer. The Bay Area has always been active but its just weird. To much in to little.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:14 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyJ26 View Post
Anyone felt the earthquake earlier today around 10:40? It was 4.3 on the Richter Scale. I live in Downtown and it pretty much shook my whole apartment complex.
Yes, I definitely felt it in my downtown SJ apartment building as well.

Here is a post on the spiritual causes of severe weather and natural disasters for those who are interested:

This is a very long but readable and interesting post. Very much worth reading:

Mother Mary's Garden, Preventing natural disasters

Below is a taste of what it says:

We need to consider that behind every material phenomenon there is a deeper level of causality that relates to what goes on in the energy field. So a natural disaster is not simply a material event, it also has a component that can be understood only by studying the planetary energy field. And because thoughts are energy waves, it becomes theoretically possible that thoughts can impact the planetary energy field and possibly lead to changes in the realm of matter

Old 04-06-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post

We need to consider that behind every material phenomenon there is a deeper level of causality that relates to what goes on in the energy field. So a natural disaster is not simply a material event, it also has a component that can be understood only by studying the planetary energy field. And because thoughts are energy waves, it becomes theoretically possible that thoughts can impact the planetary energy field and possibly lead to changes in the realm of matter
Or...it was just an earthquake.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:04 AM

2,450 posts, read 5,599,850 times
Quote:

[sarcasm] yeah man, I think I need to go to get my chakras cleared after every earthquake [/sarcasm]

Old 05-31-2009, 07:17 PM

6 posts, read 11,119 times
Quote:
Yes, I definitely felt it in my downtown SJ apartment building as well.

Here is a post on the spiritual causes of severe weather and natural disasters for those who are interested:

This is a very long but readable and interesting post. Very much worth reading:

thank you for sharing the site mysticaltyger! it is good to know people are openminded enough to consider potential causes for effects that supposedly have no cause.

(sarcastic) response to bluebeard: i tried to find the part about getting 'chakras cleared' on the website mysticaltyger provided. can't seem to find it anywhere.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Old 06-02-2009, 11:58 PM

Okham's Razor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
View detailed profiles of: