Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 07:31 PM

4 posts, read 19,812 times

Advertisements

San jose is a nice place to live. It's got everything you would want in a city. Frisco is cool if you like a faster pace of living. Santa Clara University is a great school and a real kick back area. Not too far from down town San Jose so, you got the best of both worlds. Plenty of ditsy girls running around campus. If you learned any game while in the service, you should be fine. This city can be loud or quiet, just depends on the company you keep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 11:56 AM
JAQ

74 posts, read 233,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat02 View Post
Howdy all, I'm currently in the military and want to get back to school when I finish my enlistement in late 2010. I'm looking at the bay area. I was born in Danville and lived in Pleasanton for a while (as well as Alabama for 10 years). I'm open to the San Jose area but am more familiar with the SF area. Just wondering if SJSU would be recommended over SFSU or UCSF? Just general eduction (an AA degree) is all I'm concerned about for now. I have very little college under my belt. How is the general living for somene of my age in SJ? Is there stuff to do, a decent night life, pretty ladies () etc?

Also, how far is the commute from SJSU to down town SF?
Damn bro you're making us look bad, you even spelled 'Enlistment' wrong.

Just playin. Thats crazy you're from Danville. I'm from there too, but I was born in SJ.

What service are you in?

Just do what some of the other folks said. Junior college then move up to a University or State College. Are you gonna use the Montgomery Bill or the new Post 9/11 GI Bill?

Old 09-29-2009, 11:21 PM

701 posts, read 2,030,837 times
^lol. I pride myself on my spelling too... I screwed up "bachelor", but my "enlistment" spelling was just a slip of the keys.

I'm in the Marine Corps and I'll be using the Post 9/11 GI Bill. E5 w/dependents pay for housing. Can't beat that. -- You're in the Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetiwee View Post
Plenty of ditsy girls running around campus. If you learned any game while in the service, you should be fine.

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations so far. I appreciate it.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:08 PM
JAQ

Quote:
^lol. I pride myself on my spelling too... I screwed up "bachelor", but my "enlistment" spelling was just a slip of the keys.

I'm in the Marine Corps and I'll be using the Post 9/11 GI Bill. E5 w/dependents pay for housing. Can't beat that. -- You're in the Army?

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations so far. I appreciate it.
Yup Army. My buddy just joined the Marines too. Mechanic. Whats your MOS?

I'm gonna be going reserves then use the Montgomery Bill to finish school. Decide on a school yet? You should just move to San Diego; good schools then you got a military atmosphere down there.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAQ View Post
Yup Army. My buddy just joined the Marines too. Mechanic. Whats your MOS?

I'm gonna be going reserves then use the Montgomery Bill to finish school. Decide on a school yet? You should just move to San Diego; good schools then you got a military atmosphere down there.
Honestly, I'm looking forward to escaping the "military atmosphere". San Diego isn't really my kind of place anyways.

I haven't decided on a school for sure, but I'm looking at SFSU.

I'm in Supply - 3043.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:06 PM
JAQ

Quote:
Honestly, I'm looking forward to escaping the "military atmosphere". San Diego isn't really my kind of place anyways.

I haven't decided on a school for sure, but I'm looking at SFSU.

I'm in Supply - 3043.
Why's that? I know what you mean in a sense; cause thats the reason why i'm going reserves so i'm not surrounded by military 24/7, just when I deploy. I just think you would get hooked up more in SD with discounts and all. Thats cool though, SFSU is a good school. My cousin is going there majoring in Athletic Training/SportsMedicine.

Goodluck Bro

Old 10-04-2009, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAQ View Post
Why's that? I know what you mean in a sense; cause thats the reason why i'm going reserves so i'm not surrounded by military 24/7, just when I deploy. I just think you would get hooked up more in SD with discounts and all. Thats cool though, SFSU is a good school. My cousin is going there majoring in Athletic Training/SportsMedicine.

Goodluck Bro
I don't know how SD is compared to where I live in NC as far as military friendliness with discounts and what not, but it's hardly mentionable if not worse than elsewhere where there is no military presence. -- I've just had my fill of the military. All I wanted was to do 4 years and then move on and I am indeed ready to move on.

Thank you though and good luck to you as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose