Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 09:49 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,377,262 times

Advertisements

First, I'd like to say that I enjoy a lot of the food in San Jose. I have my favorites for Mexican, Thai, Pho, Cuban, Italian and classic Californian. I know of a pretty good German place, Teske's, but what I miss here is a good Jewish Deli, Borscht, Perogie... Eastern European food. For that matter... a good Diner. I know about Flames but I don't think they offer up anything really unique. I could be wrong about that but it would be nice to find a place that was independently owned and had some twists on their menu.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 06:10 PM

45 posts, read 282,709 times
The Diner of Los Gatos - I liked it and it's independent. Nothing fancy.

The Diner of Los Gatos - Los Gatos, CA

City Diner - 50's theme, used to be an ice cream place (Farrel's) many years ago when I was young. Now I'm not sure if they are still on Blossom Hill (you should call) as they had to close down at least for a short term due to new construction but their new location is on Monterey Road.

City Diner - San Jose, CA

Country Inn Cafe on Camden Ave near Alamden Expressway, might be a chain but I liked their food.

Country Inn Cafe - San Jose, CA

Holder's Country Inn - two locations (De Anza Ave and Saratoga Ave) - standard fare.

Holder's Country Inn - San Jose, CA

Old 07-17-2009, 07:32 PM

39 posts, read 131,830 times
hmmm diner of los gatos looks fairly interesting.

thanks for posting

Old 07-17-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooski View Post
The Diner of Los Gatos - I liked it and it's independent. Nothing fancy.

The Diner of Los Gatos - Los Gatos, CA

City Diner - 50's theme, used to be an ice cream place (Farrel's) many years ago when I was young. Now I'm not sure if they are still on Blossom Hill (you should call) as they had to close down at least for a short term due to new construction but their new location is on Monterey Road.

Country Inn Cafe on Camden Ave near Alamden Expressway, might be a chain but I liked their food.

Country Inn Cafe - San Jose, CA

Holder's Country Inn - two locations (De Anza Ave and Saratoga Ave) - standard fare.

Holder's Country Inn - San Jose, CA
Thanks for the post!

I've been to the City Diner and Holder's... the City is on Monterey now. Both places are pretty good... but nothing unique. Good solid menu though.

Been meaning to try the Los Gatos Diner. I've driven by it... I'll try it soon.

Thanks again!!!!

Old 07-24-2009, 04:38 PM

45 posts, read 282,709 times
Just remembered another one

Sara's Kitchen - now this is more of a hole in the wall but has a lot of charm.

Sara's Kitchen - Santa Clara, CA

Old 07-24-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooski View Post
Just remembered another one

Sara's Kitchen - now this is more of a hole in the wall but has a lot of charm.

Sara's Kitchen - Santa Clara, CA
Thanks.... that place look interesting.... lamb shank. Mmmm.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose