U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-12-2010, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Boise, ID
184 posts, read 402,147 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
You think Santa Cruz is boring, and you can't wait to move to IDAHO? Are you running a fever or something?
While this wasn't addressed to me, thought you might like to know that
I used to live in Santa Cruz then San Jose before relocating to Boise.

There's plenty to do in Boise and the surrounding region. There's not all
that much to do in the rural parts of Idaho which are very picturesque.

This photo, for example, was taken just 2 1/2 hours out of Boise next to
the Salmon River with the Sawtooth Mountains in background. It's right
outside Lower Stanley on the Salmon River Scenic Byway.


 
Old 01-12-2010, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
2,893 posts, read 7,569,778 times
Reputation: 1672
Much of Idaho is truly beautiful (very nice photo) ... i've lived there at various times in my life.
But Boise ... no thanks ... although i know people like it very much.
And crime ... increasing in Boise and surrounding areas ... gangs, meth, etc. are there as well.
And it's just so darn red!
 
Old 01-12-2010, 08:20 PM
 
Location: KALIHI, HI
107 posts, read 247,279 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
Much of Idaho is truly beautiful (very nice photo) ... i've lived there at various times in my life.
But Boise ... no thanks ... although i know people like it very much.
And crime ... increasing in Boise and surrounding areas ... gangs, meth, etc. are there as well.
And it's just so darn red!
You libs are disgustingly stupid...

You think that Boise has more crime? Well your wrong because first of all the city is nearly 5 times the size of Santa Cruz and I have proof that it has lower crime just look at 2008's Crime Index for both cities.

Boise, Idaho: 218.2 (rounded 220)
http://www.city-data.com/city/Boise-City-Idaho.html
Santa Cruz, California: 393.1 (nearly 400)!
http://www.city-data.com/city/Santa-...alifornia.html

And not to mention Boise, Idaho has been the one of cleanest city for years!
 
Old 01-12-2010, 09:21 PM
 
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
2,893 posts, read 7,569,778 times
Reputation: 1672
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboy06 View Post
You libs are disgustingly stupid...

You think that Boise has more crime? Well your wrong because first of all the city is nearly 5 times the size of Santa Cruz and I have proof that it has lower crime just look at 2008's Crime Index for both cities.

Boise, Idaho: 218.2 (rounded 220)
http://www.city-data.com/city/Boise-City-Idaho.html
Santa Cruz, California: 393.1 (nearly 400)!
http://www.city-data.com/city/Santa-...alifornia.html

And not to mention Boise, Idaho has been the one of cleanest city for years!
And you are so angry.
With that kind of agro / hateful attitude, it's no wonder Santa Cruz doesn't suit you.
I never said that Boise had more crime than Santa Cruz.
(Did anyone say that?)
I said that Boise has crime and gangs and meth, etc. too .... like many places in this country.
 
Old 01-13-2010, 08:58 AM
 
Location: KALIHI, HI
107 posts, read 247,279 times
Reputation: 65
Socially Liberal Hippie, you are...
 
Old 01-13-2010, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Monterey County, CA
3,600 posts, read 6,431,025 times
Reputation: 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboy06 View Post
Hi, I have lived in Santa Cruz for about 4 - 5 years now and I can say one thing, "This place sucks"! There is absolutely nothing to do here except go on a few biking trails in the mountains ...
Just comes to show how a liberal run city works.

I cant wait to move to BOISE!!!
Yellowboy,

Just one question for you? Why did you move to Santa Cruz in the first place? It is common knowledge to most that it is a liberal city. Yet somehow you seemed to have missed that and are now surprised and despise the obvious. Did you think it would somehow be different than when you first moved there? Maybe your parents forced you to move to SC? It is kinda like moving to Boise and hating the snow and cold.

For the record not all conservative ppl hate SC. I have many conservatives friends who live there and actually enjoy it even though liberals are the majority. You seem to have made some wrong turns based on faulty initial assumptions. Hopefully you will not be doing the same thing again. Enjoy Boise but remember every place has many pros/cons including Boise. Have you really considered the cons in living there along with the benefits? Its much easier to hate one place and flee to almost anywhere else without carefully looking at the real pros and cons of a place. Rose colored glasses change color pretty quickly once reality sets in.

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 01-13-2010 at 10:14 AM..
 
Old 01-13-2010, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Boise, ID
184 posts, read 402,147 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
Much of Idaho is truly beautiful (very nice photo) ... i've lived there at various times in my life.
But Boise ... no thanks ... although i know people like it very much.
And crime ... increasing in Boise and surrounding areas ... gangs, meth, etc. are there as well.
And it's just so darn red!
Coyoteskye - Boise is composed of different neighborhoods as you know,
and then we have Nampa and Caldwell to the west. Haven't visited the
Santa Cruz area since August 2006, but have heard/read that crime has
been more of an issue these days.

Have friends living at Wilderness Ranch off ID-21 near Robie Creek, and
they love it up there despite the commute to Boise. Did you ever go up
to Idaho City for breakfast at Trudy's Kitchen?

Everyone has a different perspective as to what town, et al, works for
them. Both Boise and Santa Cruz have their pros and cons. I've also
lived in Felton and Scotts Valley (Glen Canyon Rd). Also, Carmel and
Carmel Valley during my formative years.

Have you ever been to Arcata? Was there this past summer for 3 nights,
and it reminds me of Santa Cruz albeit much, much smaller with just about
everything within walking distance. Actually, it's more like what Santa Cruz
used to be back in the '70s rather than today.

FWIW, have a blog of that trip to Arcata with plenty of pictures:
Redwood Coast Loop - June 2009
 
Old 01-13-2010, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
2,893 posts, read 7,569,778 times
Reputation: 1672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbler View Post
Coyoteskye - Boise is composed of different neighborhoods as you know,
and then we have Nampa and Caldwell to the west. Haven't visited the
Santa Cruz area since August 2006, but have heard/read that crime has
been more of an issue these days.

Have friends living at Wilderness Ranch off ID-21 near Robie Creek, and
they love it up there despite the commute to Boise. Did you ever go up
to Idaho City for breakfast at Trudy's Kitchen?

Everyone has a different perspective as to what town, et al, works for
them. Both Boise and Santa Cruz have their pros and cons. I've also
lived in Felton and Scotts Valley (Glen Canyon Rd). Also, Carmel and
Carmel Valley during my formative years.

Have you ever been to Arcata? Was there this past summer for 3 nights,
and it reminds me of Santa Cruz albeit much, much smaller with just about
everything within walking distance. Actually, it's more like what Santa Cruz
used to be back in the '70s rather than today.

FWIW, have a blog of that trip to Arcata with plenty of pictures:
Redwood Coast Loop - June 2009
Nice photos on your blog!
I wish i could ride a motorcycle but i'm far too wimpy for that but i see you guys ride by and man, looks so fun.
I actually have a big fondness for Idaho even though it's not exactly my "scene" but it's got some of the most beautiful land in the country!
And is it your experience (or do i just have very good Idaho cop karma?) that the law enforcement in this state are very cool?
I've had a number of .... ummmm ... run-ins with them and they always give me a pass! "just" speeding but i'm always surprised ... California plates and all.
Anyway, every place does indeed have its pros and cons and that's why it's kinda silly to hate on a town or city.
The o.p. didn't like Santa Cruz but instead of just realizing that he didn't resonate with the place and it's not for him, he has to bash it.
I have a friend who lives back east now (he's in his late 70's) and still regrets not buying 20 acres in Carmel Valley back in the 50's. Bummer!
I have not been to Arcata. Too cold and wet for me to live that far north but it would be nice if it was still the 70's in S.C. ... everywhere for that matter.
Sigh.
 
Old 01-13-2010, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Mountain Ranch, CA The heart of Calaveras County
5,930 posts, read 10,476,414 times
Reputation: 4564
I think Boise is probably too liberal for the OP. I suggest further north in Coeur d'Alene.
 
Old 01-13-2010, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
2,893 posts, read 7,569,778 times
Reputation: 1672
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
I think Boise is probably too liberal for the OP. I suggest further north in Coeur d'Alene.
I don't think so ... not sure about that i should say.
There are, i believe, two counties in the entire state that vote democratic.
Blaine county is definitely one (that's where Sun Valley / Ketchum is) and i think Coeur d'Alene is the other one but i may be wrong about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top