U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-13-2010, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 11,976 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows about the Asian/Indian Community in Dublin. How are the recent demographics in that area for Asian/Indians?. Are there any safety issues?. How are the schools in the area?. Thinking of buying a new home in the area. Any advice regarding the home values in the area investment wise?. Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Jay.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 12:25 AM

3,002 posts, read 10,253,981 times
Dublin is fine. Uneventful, but not dangerous by any means. Sleepy suburban community lined by other sleepy suburban communities (Pleasanton, San Ramon, etc). It's quite diverse as well. Based on my observations, most of the Indians/Asians live in the newer housing over on the East side.

The schools in Dublin are not as good as say Pleasanton and San Ramon, but they are not bad either. Some of the better schools reside in the newer areas in east Dublin. I believe the high school in Dublin is also well respected. Overall decent place - very centrally located. Excellent value as well and close to all the shopping in the area.

Another good value is south Livermore (Concannon south). However, that area is predominantly white, not as diverse as Dublin.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:40 AM

1 posts, read 11,239 times
If you have kids, find a house in East Dublin, all the elementary schools and middle school in east Dublin have API>900, which are on par with San Ramon and Pleasanton. As for West Dublin, there are some new housing there, but mostly it's the old houses that have been in existence for 20+ yrs. The schools in those areas can't compare with East Dublin, either in API or facilities. That's why East Dublin houses sell much faster than West Dublin and therefore east side also tend to have lower inventory. If you're concern about schools, check out [url=http://www.greatschools.net]GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community[/url], they have all the API information and you will know what I'm talking about. Also, East Dublin is a better investment too, the new Promenade and all the new shopping (Promenade) and restaurants are being built on the East side along with high tech offices. Hopefully this helps!

Old 08-14-2014, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,095 times
i want to move in Dublin. any one can tell me which area is best and cheap for Asian peoples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose