Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 12:54 PM

865 posts, read 1,819,538 times

Advertisements

Hello, we are looking to relocate to S. Bay, and I'd heard rumor of there being 'many' Waldorf Charters in the SF area, but so far as my google searching can tell me, they're all N. Bay Area.

As I could go on about the COL there, you've heard it all. As we're considering the move one way to make it more affordable would be if we didn't need to pay the private school tuition.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this search? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 04:01 PM

2 posts, read 4,825 times
Hi, Wintermomma. We seem to be following a similar path, as I keep opening your posts and finding, verbatim, my own questions
So now I'm stalking you! Have you moved yet? Would love to hear about where you've decided to land and why. We are a family in Brooklyn with two wee ones looking to relocate in the next few months. We want a great community, Waldorf-inspired schools, outdoor space for a dog, merciful commutes, a three-bedroom rental in something with a bit of soul...wanna share your findings?

Old 05-18-2010, 08:42 PM

865 posts, read 1,819,538 times
If I find something. LOL. So far, still in the looking phase. I feel as though it may as well be a foreign country for all that I know about the area, at this point!

And, from what I can tell, all the Waldorf - inspired Charter schools are North or East Bay.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,136 times
Hello wintermomma & jukipants, I realize your posts are a few years old, but wondering if you can be so kind to share what you've found since? Are you both still in South Bay? We just moved here from jersey city. I'm considering homeschooling our 2yo for a few years. Back in NJ, there are a few progressive schools that are supportive of homeschooled children that offer 2-3days/wk attendance up to 8th grade. In the little research I've done, I don't think such schools exist in South Bay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose