U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 07:40 PM

46 posts, read 97,609 times

Advertisements

Yes, jettisoning stuff does have it's benefits. In the 35 yrs. we've been married we had never parked a vehicle in the garage. Garages had always been for tool benches and storage (mostly storage). This winter she appreciated being able to jump in her car and drive w/o de-icing or defrosting. For Xmas I bought her her own snow shovel and windshield "scraper" (I'm thoughtful that way) but now she doesn't need them.

The neighbors keep telling me that the wind will be here soon, but today's weather is great, mid to high sixties, a little breeze in the am, now(6:30) it's beautiful. In fact, I'm gonna go pour myself a glass of wine, set out on the patio, and watch the sunset. Later
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 11:19 AM

36 posts, read 42,901 times
Bacristopher,

If we come to SF this fall, will definitely check here for you and try to meet up with you guys!

KG

Old 03-23-2011, 12:52 AM

441 posts, read 540,092 times
Another fan of SF! I currently live in Eastern NM for the time being. We begin looking at places on our retirement list fairly shortly. I would love to live in SF. I believe it would be an awesome fit for myself & dh; however, the costs of houses there and what we would need for having a large dog (black labrador) ... house with fenced in yard might be way beyond what we can pay. We've done the condo with having to walk dog everyday for 11 years in Alaska and we don't want to do that again. The yard is the thing and we would want to rent at first to check it out. We're definitely open to outlying areas although I have read on City Data SF that there are abundant snakes in Eldorado so I would not want to let my dog go run in that area. There is a great dog park in SF. I was in SF a week ago with a friend to go to a Bead Festival and then shop, etc. We had a blast and we will certainly be coming again probably with more of our friends. I do like SF alot.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:16 PM

925 posts, read 681,684 times
Several post have mentioned the wind in the spring. How windy is it? We live in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC and can get 40-60 mph gust when fronts blow in and we often have a pretty stiff breeze (except in summer when it is so hot and humid and you'd sell your soul for one). This is Suburu land too, great cars, but at times finding yours in a parking lot full of them can be a challange. Any suggestion for nice areas with a variety of folks but not the burbs? Really enjoy reading everyone's comments.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:43 PM

2 posts, read 1,781 times
Default Santa Fe posts

Hello MT/Kgirl, i am looking to relocate to SF soon! great to see such positive posts. i am single gal looking for a change..lived all over and ready to head back out west. any <more> advice for a single, active, professional gal as a good area/place to live?

btw, im italian too!

cheers,
summer

Old 03-30-2011, 02:32 PM

17,531 posts, read 18,714,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmw47 View Post
Several post have mentioned the wind in the spring.
Right now in Santa Fe the Wind is NW at 21 mph (It's 53F, Humidity: 22%, and Sunny). It gets windier...

Rich

Photo Contests Open For Everyone For Voting:

November 2014 "Theme" Contest
November 2014 "Show Us Your Best Shot" Contest

Old 03-31-2011, 01:07 PM

11 posts, read 15,602 times
Default Yahoo - we're coming soon -

Updae: The house in San Diego sold in just 5 days with 5 offers! That was a BIG suprise in this market. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well from here on. Almost holding my breath.

Hope to be in Santa Fe looking for a house by the end of April.

I'm excited and nervous that everything will work out.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:17 PM

327 posts, read 674,916 times
Wow. 5 days to sale. It's been a while since we've seen that in Santa Fe! (ever?)
You'll have plenty of choice in your Santa Fe home hunt, and you'll find willing, co-operative and (mainly) realistic sellers. Have a fun search!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:41 PM

11 posts, read 15,602 times
Thanks Santafescribe. Believe me San Diego hasn't been that active either. Actually not much is on the market which is what caused the buyer activity I think.

Looking forward to the end of April with crossed fingers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe