Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 02:43 PM

24 posts, read 114,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalahartma View Post
Save the time and the gas and go to the Bobcat Bite. Looks look like you'd equal out $$-wise. And support a local biz.
Bobcat bite is open what... 3 or 4 days a week? Maybe I'm alone here, but sometimes I do eat between Sunday and Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 02:45 PM

[quote=20yrsinBranson;5299019]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_marquette View Post

Am I the only person who sees the irony/hypocrisy of this statement?

20yrsinBranson
What hipocrisy? You can have the smaal town feel and have things nice a spread out and still have a fast food restaurant or two. I'm not advocating building a major shopping center with a walmart supercenter along 285!

Old 09-17-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
Sounds like a transplant to me.

You all have really surprised me! I was expecting a pro-developement bend to this conversation... thank God it didn't happen!

Nobody wants to be a tenant of their own property!
Yeah, I am a transplant. On the whole I like NM and Santa Fe, but wasting a half hour and a bunch of gas to get some food is rediculous to me.

As for keeping development, including fast food out... yes it can be done. There is a group called the 285 Coallition, they make recommendations to the county on zoning a developments. The county always seems to listen to them. They are the reason the Village at Eldorado does not have any signage on 285 (which is probably why it is largely vacant BTW) and they are the reason a second gas station was not allowed to be constructed a couple of years back. Incidentally, that Chevron is the biggest rip-off I have ever seen! - it has a virtual monopoly in Eldorado and it still feels the need to price gouge! - but thats a different conversation.

It is beyond me why a small group of unelected people get to make these decisions for all of us.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:44 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,026,289 times
Quote:
Bobcat bite is open what... 3 or 4 days a week? Maybe I'm alone here, but sometimes I do eat between Sunday and Monday.
You eat hamburgers seven days a week?

Old 09-17-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Incidentally, that Chevron is the biggest rip-off I have ever seen! - it has a virtual monopoly in Eldorado and it still feels the need to price gouge! - but thats a different conversation.
We never buy gas at the Chevron station. When we are getting low on gas, we fill up the next time we are in town. We go to Sam's or use the discount at Smith's, and we pay the lowest prices in town.

Seems like when you choose to live in a rural area, you understand that you will not have all the shopping/restaurant/fast food options that you would have in the city. You must have known what was available at Elorado when you moved there.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
We never buy gas at the Chevron station. When we are getting low on gas, we fill up the next time we are in town. We go to Sam's or use the discount at Smith's, and we pay the lowest prices in town.

Seems like when you choose to live in a rural area, you understand that you will not have all the shopping/restaurant/fast food options that you would have in the city. You must have known what was available at Elorado when you moved there.
It's a long story I will not get into here, but I did not choose to live here. I came out her for a family emergency and have had to stay here.

Yes, I do eat out 7 days a week... often twice a day.

I realize that not every option will be available in Eldorado... but we have hardly any options now and it seems we have no hope of getting any more. That is upsetting... I do not want 285 littered with stip malls, gas stations, and restaurants.... but a couple of fast food places wouldnt be bad.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:06 PM

713 posts, read 1,845,791 times
You like McDonalds better than Lotaburger? LOL!! I can't even remember the last time I ate at McD's. Have no urge or compunction to do so. Give me a Lotaburger with green chile and cheese anytime!

Ask them to go easy on the mustard...

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 02-11-2014 at 07:47 AM..

Old 09-17-2008, 09:48 PM

Yes. I would much sooner have a Lotaburger somewhere out near Eldorado than a McDonald's. I do hope if and when they do decide to put in a few (A FEW!) fast food places, they make some good decisions. We already have Subway as well as the pizza/sub shop at the Agora.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:26 PM

946 posts, read 3,265,392 times
Default they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Yes. I would much sooner have a Lotaburger somewhere out near Eldorado than a McDonald's. I do hope if and when they do decide to put in a few (A FEW!) fast food places, they make some good decisions. We already have Subway as well as the pizza/sub shop at the Agora.
If they decide? Who is they in this case? Is there really a board or committee that picks what restaurants can come in and which can't? What happened to free enterprise?

Old 09-18-2008, 02:32 PM

I have no idea who decides...

I guess the management people who run the Agora and the business park across from the Agora would make the decision what goes into those areas. Or the people who own those shopping areas. Isn't that how decisions are always made about new businesses in an area?

I never implied or have even thought any board at Eldorado makes such decisions. Maybe they do have input, I don't have a clue.

As far as the stretch of 285 between I-25 and Lamy, I would imagine that depends on county zoning.

Last edited by Towanda; 09-18-2008 at 02:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe