Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 02:56 PM

8 posts, read 23,406 times

Advertisements

We may be relocating to SF and I'm having trouble figuring out a legitimately SF apt. home/condo to rent while looking for a house. I may be working at Christus St. Vincent Regional therefore I would like to live nearby. Any suggestions for apt. homes esp. with a pool for my little one. Also, any suggestions for daycares. We are in our early 30's who are foodies, love the the farmer's market, enjoy hiking..so like-minded people in the area would be great to establish some friendships. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 06:20 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,059,576 times
There aren't a lot of pools in Santa fe, the water shortage makes it difficult. There are some nice community center pools such as the Genoveva Chavez Center and in Eldorado. Craigslist seems to be where most of the rentals are listed, depending on your budget I would try for a house to have some additional privacy. Google Street View is very useful in checking out the SF neighborhoods.

The food scene is fun in Santa fe, great farmer's markets as well as Sunflower, Whole Foods and Trader Joes. I always enjoyed hiking up towards the Ski area, such a nice change to be surrounded by big trees instead of scrub.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:04 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,402,400 times
A co-worker has lived in one of the apartment complexes on Zia for 10 years. I believe that complex has a pool so there are complexes with pools. I also know someone living in an apartment complex west of St. Franics and north of Greg Avenue in the Rio Vista loop (don't know the name of the complex but I could see it on Google Earth.) It has a pool and great views of the mountains. There is also a small community use room. I use to go to a knitting group there. Her apartment was small but nice with a small patio area--she was on the ground floor. She likes living there.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:51 AM

974 posts, read 2,343,683 times
The San Mateo Condos de Santa Fe have some rentals. Click here for rates. They've got a clubhouse with exercise equipment and an outdoor pool. It's located at the corner of St. Francis and San Mateo - a maximum 4-minute drive from the hospital.
The Zia Vista condos also have rentals. Click here and then go to the rentals page. This is a little further from the hospital - about 6 minutes. I think the rooms are smaller than at San Mateo.
As for child care, you might check with the hospital. If they don't have their own program for employees' kids (it would be great if they did), then they may know of good child care places; I'm sure their HR department has heard of this need from many other employees.
Good luck.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:51 PM

8 posts, read 23,406 times
hey great santa fe,

thanks so much for your input..i've come across your name in previous posts and you seem to be genuine with your advice and knowledge of santa fe. are there any property management companies you think i should personally steer away from? obviously, you can send me a personal msg in case you may offend someone. i literally have 1/2 day after my interview to have a chance to check out some potential places. do you think in your professional opinion, i may call the places you mentioned the day of to view the place?
appreciate it

Old 10-03-2011, 08:38 AM

293 posts, read 971,328 times
In your original post you asked about daycares... the Santa Fe Reporter does a "best of" issue every year. This year the best "daycare" (I put that in quotes because it's actually a preschool/elementary school) is Little Earth. Other good places are St. Johns, Temple Beth Shalom, Desert Montessori, Gentle Nudge, and many others. You can google daycare and "santa fe" and come up with a pretty good list. If you're thinking of any place in particular, send me a PM and I'll be happy to provide my personal opinion. I have two kids in preschool so I've done a ton of research...

Old 11-05-2011, 10:42 PM

2 posts, read 3,566 times
The Alameda Condos on Vegas Verde, is gated and has a pool. They are kid and pet friendly.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:15 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,804,405 times
Real Estate Auction - The Alameda - Santa Fe, New Mexico

Old 11-06-2011, 02:41 PM

974 posts, read 2,343,683 times
1. I believe the rules of this forum do not allow for advertising.
2. Original post inquired about rentals, not purchase.
3. Be wary of so-called auctions. There's often a "reserve" amount that is not disclosed, and the owner does not have to accept any offer that is below that reserve figure. In the last two such auctions here in town there have been some surprised and very upset bidders as a result.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:03 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,804,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSantaFe View Post
1. I believe the rules of this forum do not allow for advertising.
2. Original post inquired about rentals, not purchase.
3. Be wary of so-called auctions. There's often a "reserve" amount that is not disclosed, and the owner does not have to accept any offer that is below that reserve figure. In the last two such auctions here in town there have been some surprised and very upset bidders as a result.
1. It wasn't advertising. I have no connection with the complex or the auctioneer.
2. True. But my thinking was that in this market, condos for sale frequently also means condos for rent (often regardless of HOA restrictions).
3. If I recall correctly, the reserve was stated in the ads I've seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe