Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2011, 08:24 AM

131 posts, read 277,825 times

Advertisements

I am new to the area, and I want to share with other newbies and remind those that live here to GO SEE THE ASPENS up by the ski lodge. I went yesterday, and although alot of traffic, the foliage is amazing. This must be the perfect time of year. I have never seen anything like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 10:28 AM

65 posts, read 246,319 times
Indeed!

Click below.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:11 PM

974 posts, read 2,343,261 times
Great photo!.
My wife and I took a little road trip up the Pecos Canyon this weekend leaves are starting to turn there too. It's kinda funny that folks who don't know New Mexico think we're all desert....

Old 10-15-2011, 12:57 PM

98 posts, read 215,853 times
what's the folliage status now that we're in late october? i will be in town next weekend. i'm figuring leaves have already fallen, but would love to hear an update. thanks.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:16 PM

I'm up in Canada for a week so can't give you brand new information, but I imagine you should still see some pretty good fall foliage color. I'd think the trees along the Rio Grande bosque from Albuquerque up to Taos will have their yellow coats on, but up in the ski area some of the vibrant colors will be gone.
It's a great time for a visit nonetheless.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:38 PM

20 posts, read 70,760 times
Hi, I'm new to the Forum, trying to find my way around! We are in the DFW metroplex and looking to get out. I want low humidity and mild climate, and my husband wants some green. So we are stuck. Someone will be doing some compromising! How do you like Santa fe? Would you recommend as an option for us? We are near retirement age, liberal, love road trips. Your photo of the aspens is gorgeous, so green can't be too far away!

Thanks for any feedback!

Old 11-09-2011, 04:36 PM

Let's see...
Low humidity - Check
Mild climate - Depends on what you consider "mild". The winters are cold (we're at 7200' altitude), especially after the sun goes down. Summer days are generally in the 90's, with the temperature dropping into the 60's-70's overnight. The low humidity makes hot summer days, and cold winter days a lot more bearable than in areas of the country with high moisture content in the air.
Green - Check. We have primarily pinon and juniper south and west of town (which some may consider not green enough), lots of trees in town, and more dense tree cover to the north and east. If you want, you can be in ponderosa forests within minutes of town (northeast towards the ski area), mixed forest within minutes (southeast) and there are forested areas further out depending on your geographical location preferences.
For everything else you mention (age range, political leaning and liking road trips), Santa Fe sounds like it would be a perfect match. Add in cultural diversity, great restaurants, too many things to do, gorgeous night skies, clean air, natural beauty.....well, this is one heck of a place!

Old 11-13-2011, 07:18 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,510,742 times
Default Comparisons

Just returned from another trip to Northern NM and always ready to go back I love it! We currently live in Asheville, NC (a great place) but I really don't like the humidity in the summer I just wilt and being an outdoor person this makes summer life miserable. Can anyone make some comparisons to Santa Fe and Asheville as far as living? I can check the statistics but real life comparisons. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe