U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-08-2011, 06:44 PM

63 posts, read 224,539 times
Default Has anyone moved here from Pittsburgh?

Hi all,

I recently interviewed for a position in Santa Fe and, if offered, will accept.

I was just curious if anyone here has moved to Santa Fe from Pittsburgh or is familiar with Pittsburgh? I am trying to get a good grasp on neighborhoods in Santa Fe and I feel like I am coming up empty.

In Pittsburgh I live in the Greenfield neighborhood of the city, which I like. It's a nice mix of older blue collar residents and has become "hip" (we'll use that term loosely) with graduate students and younger professionals (I fall into this category). There is a grocery store in the neighborhood, a couple of restaurants, some gas stations, an awesome bar, and lots of dive bars. I don't feel unsafe here, but it is the city and crime does occur.

I'd be interested in living in a similar area if I do make the move to Santa Fe. Let's say $900-$1000/month on rent (1 bedroom). My scouring of Craig's List makes it seem like those are feasible numbers, but, again, I don't know the areas listed. Are there certain complexes that are "good" in Santa Fe or would I be looking more at private landlords? Here in the city of Pittsburgh, a lot of rentals are through private landlords.

So, to conclude, if anyone is familiar with Pittsburgh and could make any sort of neighborhood comparisons, that'd be great! If not, thanks for stopping by.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 04:51 PM

Location: In the country southeast of Santa Fe, but only 20 minutes to the historic Plaza.
623 posts, read 832,500 times
Sorry, the only such person I know moved here from Pittsburgh 15 years ago.
From your description I think you'd like the Railyard District or the South Capital neighborhood.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:33 PM

63 posts, read 224,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSantaFe View Post
Sorry, the only such person I know moved here from Pittsburgh 15 years ago.
From your description I think you'd like the Railyard District or the South Capital neighborhood.
Appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe