Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 10:48 AM

380 posts, read 648,861 times

Advertisements

Are there any serious butchers or meat markets/lockers in Santa Fe? I'm having a heck of a time finding something better than Whole Foods.

Would also appreciate the best place to buy fish -- fresh or frozen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 05:56 PM

4 posts, read 11,393 times
Kaune's on Paseo de Peralta. Don't buy fish, it is a desert...it is never going to be good enough.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:31 AM

293 posts, read 967,371 times
Not exactly a butcher, but I've been super impressed with the meat provided by River Canyon Ranch at the farmers market. They have all sorts of cuts of meat available on Tuesday and Saturday mornings, and they will bring specialty cuts the next week if you stop by and ask (or email). The meat is certified organic and local. Their website is rcrorganic.com.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:41 AM

380 posts, read 648,861 times
Kaune's didn't have much at all. The guy had never heard of a chicken back.

There's a grocery store called Lowe's (like the hardware store) that had everything I needed (beef liver, beef kidney, beef heart) in case anyone else is looking for something similar.

Cynanthus -- thanks for the tip on the farmers' market. I'll check them out Saturday -- much closer to me than Lowe's. The website you posted doesn't work, however.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:49 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,500,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Kellogg View Post
The website you posted doesn't work, however.
You have to use the full URL: This works: rcrorganic.com/contact.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe