Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2014, 11:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,822 times

Advertisements

So hubby and I have found a house in Nava Ade that we quite like. However, there seems to be an abandoned construction site in the middle of the development. In web searching, I've seen some of the original drawings of the development, where Rising Sun (or Rising Son on a couple of maps) is a through street, with a couple of cross streets, all with building lots. In actuality, there seems to be an abandoned construction site there--Google Maps shows at least one derelict building, and a bunch of seemingly-abandoned vehicles. I can understand if construction just stopped during the recession, and this area will eventually be built, but more current maps simply show this as not part of the development. There are a couple of blocks to the east of the site that are effectively pretty cut off from the rest of it.
Does anyone know what the story is? I haven't had any luck getting through to the HOA, at least to anyone with any answers.
Other comments about living in Nava Ade are also welcome. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 09:24 PM

974 posts, read 2,343,261 times
I have found the city planning office staff very helpful in answering questions such as yours. They are located at 200 Lincoln Ave, just a couple of blocks off the plaza. Having shown homes in Nava Ade I can tell you what I think, but your best bet is to just ask the city for a definitive answer. As none of my clients have selected that neighborhood I've not delved into the issue you raise. But now you've peaked my interest, so I may just contact the city myself on Monday. It's very good that you're doing this research before deciding on making a purchase. Good luck to you two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
View detailed profiles of: