Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2009, 01:14 PM

54 posts, read 200,757 times

Advertisements

Well, for whatever it's worth Cali-girl, I'm a new kid on this forum too, and a native Californian, and everyone here has been extremely nice and helpful to me. In fact, this is probably one of the friendliest and most helpful forums I've ever found, and I work online and participate in many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 01:17 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
An automatic weapon is of limited usefullness in most cases. For one thing, regardless of circumstances, the authorities will throw the book at you for using an auto, even if you're fighting off a whole drug cartel hit team single-handed. For another, you may well shoot bystanders in the spray. A shotgun is good at close range, and getting proficient with a hand gun is very useful. You may actually have the hand gun with you when the unexpected happens. You won't have the auto.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:22 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,218,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
An automatic weapon is of limited usefullness in most cases. For one thing, regardless of circumstances, the authorities will throw the book at you for using an auto, even if you're fighting off a whole drug cartel hit team single-handed. For another, you may well shoot bystanders in the spray. A shotgun is good at close range, and getting proficient with a hand gun is very useful. You may actually have the hand gun with you when the unexpected happens. You won't have the auto.
Thanks for getting this thread back on topic.

I'll second the useful nature of the shotgun... maybe a pistol-grip with turquoise will add the Santa Fe flare you're looking for. I know that's what I look for in my firearms.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:58 PM

11 posts, read 28,567 times
Suggestions for a firearm for a little lady with a big purse? Not too heavy please .

Old 04-03-2009, 09:30 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,700,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-girl View Post
One last thing: the open hostility of certain segments of Santa Fe has become more and more evident to Californians. I don't have to say anything...when I say "New Mexico," there is a noticeable pause in conversations with fellow Californians and I can just feel the heaviness.
Pissed because we're stealing so much movie business?

Quote:
There was a recent show on satellite showing a Californian subjected to emotional abuse in Albuquerque - I think that is having a lot of play.
In any event, word is apparently getting around and its not good.
Better than cop killers in Oakland?

Quote:
Californians will continue to read stuff like this and will choose to avoid doing the tourist thing or buying property here. Sometimes, consequences are far worse than we can ever imagine.
Huh? Californians threatening not to move to Santa Fe? You just pleased about 85% of the population. If you ask a lot of people, it was the Californians that "ruined" Santa Fe, so don't act so high and mighty.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:22 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,769,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
I double that

Old 04-05-2009, 09:10 PM

24 posts, read 84,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Your problem is listening to those ignorant rumors and comments made about Espanola. Mostly of those "newcomers" that move here, because simply Espanola isnt good enough for them. Belive me I know!

Espanola is fine. I dont know how it is not? It has any thing any city its size would have.. I grew up there. It is a fine city! Good experiances??!..well watch out for the muggers.
Actually I'm not going off of any "ignorant rumors" I'm going off of 20+ years of driving through that town and having to use their hospitals, auto mechanics, etc. I don't believe that just because someone if from Espanola they are bad or that the whole town is a horrible place or something. However, I do not like the town from my own personal experiences. I have experienced a decent amount of racism in the town, I have experienced very rude people on a regular basis even in the hospital, and I have dealt with auto mechanics that tried to rip off my family. I have had several guys in that town say rude things to my girlfriend and even my mom when stopping for gas, food, etc. in Espanola. So...again, I am only stating my own opinion that Espanola is not somewhere I like and I make an effort to not stop there anymore on my way to Chama. I have no doubt that Espanola has good things about it too though! I will try to keep an open mind and give another shot maybe in a year or so!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 AM

88 posts, read 283,056 times
I know one thing that after almost getting run over for the upteenth time by yet another person driving a car with California plates who yells "hey move it!" to me as I'm running through that cross walk, get home shaking until my boots come off, I start thinking "now where did I leave my personalized .38 speshul?

Sorry, Cali and NY people, MOST (not all) of you have these very agressive, i'm special, get away or i'll run you over attitudes. Austin hasn't been the same since some of you moved here. It's awful. I've lived in Texas all my life, lived in many states and when I came back to Austin and been here for a few months, it's not the same. It's very disheartening.

So maybe before you trash people in this forum about their "negative" attitudes toward you, about why they don't like you when you move to Santa Fe, Austin, Nevada or whatever, think about WHY the heck they don't warm up to you. Let's listen in shall we?

1. Agressive, ugly drivers who don't care if they kill someone.
2. Agressive in grocery stores, hitting people with their carts and doing stupid wheelies with their carts in very tight areas in grocery aisles.
3. Cutting in line at many stores or venues.
4. Hiding behind large sunglasses and hats with a cell phone perenially attached to their ear.
5. Talking very loudly on their cell phone during church service, buses, libraries, restaurants (your life ISN'T that important honey). And yes, we are trying to mind our own business but it's very hard to think over the loud bulls**t coming out of your mouth as you talk on that phone.
6. Oh and that awesome, warm, enchanting attitude (yes it's sarcasm) you show to people who are asking you a very simple question "what time do you have, kindly sir/madam?", etc. etc.

SOOOO....I could go on and on. So cut the BS and accept that most of you Cali/NY transplants could work on your people/human skills. The faster you adapt and let go of your crappy attitudes you developed in your previous life, the better you can enjoy the new life you are now living elsewhere wherever that may be.

Tamales anyone?

Last edited by southernjedi; 04-06-2009 at 08:38 AM..

Old 04-06-2009, 08:58 AM

146 posts, read 453,156 times
Funny.

I spent the past two years taking very long vacations out West (Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico) and there is one thing all the States have in common. They hate Californians!

No offense, I personally don't mind Californian's. They are quite entertaining in their own unique and fragile way. I cannot for the life of me understand...If California is so great, why don't they stay home?!?

Old 04-06-2009, 10:49 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyto View Post
Suggestions for a firearm for a little lady with a big purse? Not too heavy please .
PPKS in .380 or similar DA auto. PLS don't go lighter than a .380.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe