Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 12:59 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I am looking for a restaurant I went to years ago and forgot the name, it's near Santa Fe but more on the outskirts. Fairly large and had a dirt parking lot, seats around 70 people and wasn't near anything rather dark area away from everything.
Sounds like Harry's Roadhouse. It's amazing how many people they can seat in there.

They're currently open for limited seating, and pick-ups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2021, 08:38 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle1 View Post
Harry's Roadhouse? Harry's Roadhouse

Or a little further out, Rancho de Chimayo? RANCHO DE CHIMAYÓ
Thanks Rancho Chinatown sounds familiar, if I could see the front I would know for sure.

Old 05-30-2021, 04:59 PM

658 posts, read 1,336,031 times
Restaurants in SF are mostly back open now. Went up yesterday for our favorite Italian to find the excellent Il Piatto has closed for good during Covid. Walked over to Osteria de Assisi, it was open so we ate there, not nearly the quality of food and marginal attitude of management still overrides the staff. So now where is best Italian in SF???

Old 06-02-2021, 07:52 AM

679 posts, read 1,461,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
Restaurants in SF are mostly back open now. Went up yesterday for our favorite Italian to find the excellent Il Piatto has closed for good during Covid. Walked over to Osteria de Assisi, it was open so we ate there, not nearly the quality of food and marginal attitude of management still overrides the staff. So now where is best Italian in SF???

Two places in Santa Fe we like for Italian are Sassella (pricey but has been reliably good) and Andiamo.

We used to like Trattoria A Mano (also pricey) but they have been closed since Covid began and I am not sure of their status, or if they even have plans to reopen.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:14 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,508,887 times
I spent last weekend in SF and ate 2 meals at the flying Tortilla. It was decent but the pancakes were huge and heavy as lead. Dinner at the La Fonda was good. I called Pascals and she said they were having a "soft" opening. I would have gone there over La Fonda.

Old 04-14-2022, 03:57 PM

658 posts, read 1,336,031 times
Two of our favorite restaurants in SF have closed for good, Trattoria al Mano and Il Piatto, the only two Italian restaurants that were really good. Likely due to Covid that simply has lasted too long.

Old 04-14-2022, 04:10 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
I like the Czech restaurant on north Guadalupe. It's called Dolina. They have a great bakery section, and are also open for lunch and dinner, when they serve some yummy E European food: Paprika Chicken, Hungarian Goulash, homemade cream of mushroom soup, chicken dumplings, salads, and a good bakery menu.

They survived Covid by building a porch onto the buildings. I happened to walk by one evening during one of the breaks in the strict Covid protocol, and the entire porch was packed with people enjoying a rare dinner out. It was nice to see people enjoying the chance to socialize. The place was buzzing with energy!

Old 04-16-2022, 10:33 AM

679 posts, read 1,461,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
Two of our favorite restaurants in SF have closed for good, Trattoria al Mano and Il Piatto, the only two Italian restaurants that were really good. Likely due to Covid that simply has lasted too long.

We loved both of those places, too. The place that took over the space Il Piatto was in, Horno, is good. If you haven't been, I would recommend giving it a try. What Horno lacks is the happy hour, but the food is very good. Maybe better than Il Piatto was.

Trattoria al Mano was a sad case. It was great, but the owners did not seem committed to the area. Once they closed during the lockdown, I got the impression they never intended to reopen. The same people owned Lucky Goat, Bobcat Bite, and some rendition of the restaurant at what is now El Sendero as well, which all opened and closed very quickly. Bobcat Bite opened on the tail end of the Covid restrictions, seemed to do well, and closed within a few months. That after doing substantial renovations to the building.

Old 03-24-2023, 11:57 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Secreto of Hotel St. Francis.

Old 03-25-2023, 02:15 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,231,744 times
Betterday Coffee on W. Alameda - best coffee and breakfast burritos in town.

Unassuming earthy vibe.

Go 'christmas' with a bacon breakfast burrito.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe