U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2017, 08:06 PM

313 posts, read 406,485 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good mortgage lender in Santa Fe?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 09:17 AM

967 posts, read 2,014,600 times
I can recommend a couple, but don't know if it's appropriate or allowed on this forum to mention specific companies.
If you send me a private message I can give you a couple of referrals.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:35 AM

15 posts, read 10,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSantaFe View Post
I can recommend a couple, but don't know if it's appropriate or allowed on this forum to mention specific companies.
If you send me a private message I can give you a couple of referrals.

Watch out for kickbacks/referrals made by Sales people who may be tied to specific lenders !

Otherwise, investigate "non-bank lenders", [mod] don't bash other companies, read the Terms of Service about consumer complaints. [/mod] And don't use a "mortgage broker", they simply mark up your rate most times but certainly won't tell you. They too are nothing but Salespeople, just like real estate Salespeople. They are NOT fiduciaries looking out for you

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 05-06-2017 at 11:37 AM..

Old 05-06-2017, 11:08 AM

967 posts, read 2,014,600 times
Alberto means well, but I feel I need to correct any mis-interpretation. It would be against the Code of Ethics that all Realtors must adhere to to accept kick-backs from any lender. Plus the lender would be violating federal law by doing so. So, if you do business with a licensed Realtor you should not have to worry about this.

I, personally, never accept any kind of consideration from any company I recommend. My loyalties are thus never divided - and most reputable Realtors I know operate the same way. And no Realtor I know, or know of, has ever been offered or accepted a kick-back from a lender. I was on the Board of Directors for the Santa Fe Association of Realtors for 5 years and not one such case was ever brought against a Realtor in our association during that time. There are real estate agents/salespeople who are not Realtors (and cannot call themselves Realtors) who are not bound by our Code of Ethics but still, lenders cannot violate federal law in this regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or