Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 12:05 PM

656 posts, read 813,291 times

Advertisements

Aspens, food and museums. I did exactly what I wanted and weather was great! Great introduction to your town!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 12:47 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times

What restaurants were your faves?

Old 10-01-2018, 07:46 PM

79 posts, read 125,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post
Aspens, food and museums. I did exactly what I wanted and weather was great! Great introduction to your town!
Did a big ole western states road trip three years ago and arrived in Santa Fe the second week of July and i expected to be melting to the sidewalks. The climate is truly magnificent!

Old 10-02-2018, 09:05 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampyNeedsMountains View Post
Did a big ole western states road trip three years ago and arrived in Santa Fe the second week of July and i expected to be melting to the sidewalks. The climate is truly magnificent!
Come on back!!!!

2018 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Celebrates 47th Event, OCT. 6-14 2018.

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta - Welcome to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta

Old 10-02-2018, 10:20 AM

79 posts, read 125,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Come on back!!!!

2018 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Celebrates 47th Event, OCT. 6-14 2018.

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta - Welcome to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta

Would love to, trying to plan a Christmas or early summer visit to Taos - like the look of Taos as a possible relocation area.

Santa Fe amazing too.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampyNeedsMountains View Post
Would love to, trying to plan a Christmas or early summer visit to Taos - like the look of Taos as a possible relocation area.

Santa Fe amazing too.
Taos definitely has its own charm. The Christmas traditions in northern NM are special.There are winter ceremonies in the pueblos, too: deer dances, sometimes a buffalo dance. Let us know if you do manage a visit.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:30 AM

656 posts, read 813,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

What restaurants were your faves?
I enjoyed all three. Dinners at Maria's and Cafe Castro, breakfast at Flying Tortilla.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:51 AM

681 posts, read 1,206,933 times
My wife and I are in SF right now on a retirement scouting trip. I have spent a fair amount of time in NM, but never in SF. We did a bunch of pre-trip research, but there is nothing like "boots on the ground" to see if a particular place is for you. We have a 10AM meeting this morning with a realtor who should be able to get us started.

Old 10-03-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akpls View Post
My wife and I are in SF right now on a retirement scouting trip. I have spent a fair amount of time in NM, but never in SF. We did a bunch of pre-trip research, but there is nothing like "boots on the ground" to see if a particular place is for you. We have a 10AM meeting this morning with a realtor who should be able to get us started.
How has your "on the ground" experience been, so far?

Old 10-03-2018, 07:58 PM

681 posts, read 1,206,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How has your "on the ground" experience been, so far?
Well...today we checked out a few areas and were pleasantly surprised by one and a bit disappointed with another. We found Rancho Viejo to be nice and its mid-tier fits our budget. The lower tier models weren't bad...just a bit smaller than we are looking for. On the other hand, my wife was disappointed with the Eldorado area. There are some really nice places out there, but also a lot of places that seemed a bit "unkempt." We are staying at a B&B off of Don Gaspar and really like that area, but we're probably priced out of anything around there. With my admittedly very short time here so far, I'm finding that I like SF overall. We'll be here until mid next week so we'll see if I still feel the same then.

Tomorrow we're off to the outlying areas....Glorieta, Pecos, probably as far as Las Vegas....to see if any of those areas bear a closer look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe