Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 11:00 AM

2 posts, read 11,654 times

Advertisements

We are possibly relocating to Santa Fe from Texas and are looking for a quiet, safe apartment. Does anyone know which of the complexes are best/safest? We are probably going to try to lease something without actually going out there, so any information would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 01:03 PM

332 posts, read 1,035,363 times
In Santa Fe I would suggest the following apartments:
North:
Zocalo
The Reserve
South:
Zia Vista
Tierra Zia
Dos Santos

All of them regularly have properties for rental or sale.
Hope that helps.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:54 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,107,009 times
It would be good if the OP would state what size apartment needed. I'm interested too since SF is one of the places I'm considering relocating to also. I would rent for perhaps a year to make sure I really want to live in SF, and then get familiar with the house market before buying one. I hesitate to state my own needs since I don't want to hijack the OP's thread.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:27 AM

2 posts, read 11,654 times
@Lovehound:

I'm looking for a 2 bedroom, but I would be willing to go to a 1 bedroom if it is a good size and in a really nice area.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.pandora View Post
@Lovehound:

I'm looking for a 2 bedroom, but I would be willing to go to a 1 bedroom if it is a good size and in a really nice area.
All of the places I mentioned yesterday, of course, have studios - 3 bed apartments. If I was to choose one in the "nicest area", and with the most interesting architecture, that would probably be Zocalo.

The other option is to look for a small place downtown - more expensive of course, and without the maintenance benefit of a condo association, but if you want to "walk to everything" it's an option. There are condominiums downtown too, and one that comes to mind is El Corazon.

Hope that helps.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:37 PM

946 posts, read 3,264,470 times
Default Nice places

Quote:
Originally Posted by santafescribe View Post
In Santa Fe I would suggest the following apartments:
North:
Zocalo
The Reserve
South:
Zia Vista
Tierra Zia
Dos Santos

All of them regularly have properties for rental or sale.
Hope that helps.
I don't know the south as well, but Zocalo and The Reserve are close to each other in a nice area. The Zocalo exterior color scheme is different -- but you can probably see it on line. They are in a great location for getting somewhere quickly by car -- right near St. Francis and fairly close to 599. Maybe driving from Zocalo you would enter on 599 and then from there to St. Francis????

Zocalo looks newer to me.

You could walk a lot of places. You would have to cross St. Francis, but there is a light and pretty soon you would in the Plaza area.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:17 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,107,009 times
So what will a 3BR 2BA apartment cost me somewhere in the Santa Fe metropolitan area but not within the inner city? Do I have to lease or can I get month-to-month? Are pets (one small dog) okay?

Old 04-30-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
So what will a 3BR 2BA apartment cost me somewhere in the Santa Fe metropolitan area but not within the inner city? Do I have to lease or can I get month-to-month? Are pets (one small dog) okay?
I tend to look at craigslist for up to date rentals, although there are several property management companies in town that handle long term as well as vacation rentals. So, tonight there's a 3 bed/2bath rental in Plaza Blanca, a nice,leafy condo community off Rodeo Road, for $1250 + utilities. That's a good benchmark price. There's actually not much difference between that price and a 3 bed single family home (and there are many more 3 bed single family homes for rent than the same size condo), so that's something else to consider as you look through craigslist.

Lease versus month-to-month? Most good places want a three month minimum lease, and then would go month to month, if you wanted to. And pets are typically ok in most developments - I seem to recall there's a 40lb limit for pets in the Reserve, but below that is fine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe