Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 07:23 AM

293 posts, read 970,937 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if any of you experts out there know where to go to find snowfall totals for different areas of Santa Fe. We're moving to the east side in two weeks (near Eldorado) and would like to be able to check to see what sort of snow downtown SF received overnight before we drive in for work. Also, we have friends who will be coming up from ABQ and I'd like to be able to provide a resource for them to check to see how much snow we've gotten before they start driving.

Is there a website out there that shows the totals? Or the current conditions (more than just a weather forecast).

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 07:52 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,024,515 times
I can't be of much help. I measure snow with a wooden ruler in my yard.

BUT ... there is a lot of weather information on the Weather Underground site, including a section called Snow Depth. Maybe that would be of some help.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:58 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,076,111 times
Rule of thumb for driving in from Albuquerque to Santa Fe:

-o- If it's sunny, the drive will be fine. It will always be sunny here
..... soon after any snow.

-o- If it's 40 or below in Albuquerque and the local weather says there
..... is precipitation near Santa Fe, go another time.

-o- If it's flurries or worse in Albuquerque, it will be much worse in Santa Fe
..... and it will be terrible on the way.

-o- You don't need to know the snowfall totals.

http://www.koat.com/index.html
has a pretty good weather site.

The local news stations in Albuquerque that you get in Santa Fe will give
you the snow depths in their 5, 6, 10 pm and morning newscasts.

If Albuquerque performance is any indication, I don't imagine snow removal
is very energetic in Santa Fe. ( "It will burn off soon ..." )

ObTrivia:
BTW, when snow goes directly from snow to water vapour without melting
first, it is called sublimation. ( The snow sublimes. ) "Let's go watch the snow sublimate."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe