U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-10-2009, 08:42 PM

409 posts, read 830,403 times
Default Can U recommend N. Santa Fe Apartments?!

Thanks everyone for their SF feedback in the previous blog. Some of you have scared the hell out of me (*laughs*) but most of you have inspired me.
Now... I am looking for recommendations on N. SF apartments...the closer we can get to Espanola while staying in a safe, comfortable, clean area the better!
I am completely new to the idea of paying for trash/water/sewer ONTOP of utilities...but maybe thats the NM kinda thing.
Anyway... pile on the recommendations!
Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 06:38 PM

327 posts, read 654,260 times
Apartments in North Santa Fe to consider -
Reserve (http:/www.reserveatsantafe.org - broken link), San Mateo (http:/www.sanmateodesantafe.com - broken link), Dos Santos
Happy to help if you need more information.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:38 PM

Thank you so very much! I am going to check into those places. Its sooo difficult to find housing (online doesn't make it any easier) when everyone seems to give you different answers..and EVERYONE wants to tell you that THEIR property is the best for you and your family. lol. Can't someone just be HONEST?! lol.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:06 PM

20 posts, read 54,407 times
The Reserve is just condos for sale AFAIK. I used to live there when it was called Shadowridge Apartments. If they're renting, that'd be my #1 choice - great facilities and you can't get much further north. Just next door is Los Pinones Apartments. A friend of mine lived there with no problems. That'd be my #2 choice. Although, not in the North part of town, consider Rancho Vizcaya - they're just off of St. Francis Drive and would probably only add 5 minutes (or 10 minutes in rush hour) to your commute. For the record, Rancho Vizcaya is the best apartment complex I've ever stayed at.

WARNING: San Mateo apartments are also now condos for sale. That was the worst apartment complex I ever stayed at ANYWHERE let alone Santa Fe. I don't know if they're renting, but avoid it like the plague. The first week I lived there there was a guy stabbed outside my door. A month later there were gunshots... later came a full-time security guard and a horrible property manager. We had horrible problems with black mould there too. Those buildings are old - they actually found a way to polish those turns and sell them. Stay clear!

You should come into town a day early and look at all of these places. There's a web site where you can read reviews of apartments @ http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/NM-Santa-Fe.html. Take the positive reviews with a grain of salt - they're usually posted by the staff.

Good luck!

Old 01-16-2009, 03:06 PM

Ohhh my gosh lee337! Thanks a TON! You guys rock!
So far..I am getting killer annoyed! So..since when do rental facilities RECORD your call when you contact that for more information..than the property manager listens to the call and calls YOU back trying to get you to rent from them?! Its soo lame. And if one more place tells me that THEIR property is going to be best for my family..BARF! I think our best bet is going to be come there and look before anything else. Besides the fact that Ill commute to Espanola daily my hubby will be going to ABQ daily. What a pain..and a prime rental sight is a must! Thanks again an happy weekend!

Old 01-16-2009, 06:17 PM

327 posts, read 654,260 times
There is no substitute for coming out and seeing the properties. There was another guy on these boards a few months ago trying to make a decision from afar and it was just impossible. Even if you spend three days at the Camel Rock Suites (The Santa Fe Suites Hotel in Santa Fe, New Mexico) or somesuch, and look at the Reserve and others, it's really worth it.
The other benefit of the Reserve for you is that it's moments from 599, which your husband will need for his commute (yuk!) to Albuquerque
Be sure to keep an eye on the Santa Fe Craigslist, as they often have rentals at places like the Reserve and Pinones. If nothing else it gives you a good sense of the pricing. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe