Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 08:49 PM

424 posts, read 952,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team member View Post
I have been told that the HOA has gone up to over $700. a month and that is just the beginning of increases to follow.
You've been talking to the wrong people. The HOA dues did not increase at all, mine stayed the same as last last year. In fact we just received a letter stating the dues will NOT increase for 2010. The club fees went up but that is a completely different matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 01:11 AM

475 posts, read 1,267,063 times
Interesting story on a bank taking over property, including one or more in Las Campanas. But notice that none of them involve a homeowner mortgage. All are spec builders who got caught by the downturn.

Hard sell: Local bank stuck playing landlord with 12 properties it owns - The Santa Fe New Mexican

Old 11-20-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Fe View Post
Interesting story on a bank taking over property, including one or more in Las Campanas. But notice that none of them involve a homeowner mortgage. All are spec builders who got caught by the downturn.

Hard sell: Local bank stuck playing landlord with 12 properties it owns - The Santa Fe New Mexican
There are a few homeowners that are in short sale and I think one in foreclosure. So its hitting homeowners as well. A great buying opportunity out here now. I'm hearing from realtors that several would be buyers are watching to see what happens with the water situation and membership issues before they decide to buy out here. I think when the dust settles all will be fine, just a bit more $$ to live out here.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,586 times
What are fees, dues, HOA costs for Las Campanas?
Thanks,
LG

Old 02-24-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhgarrett View Post
What are fees, dues, HOA costs for Las Campanas?
Thanks,
LG
Depends on the estates you are living in. Our HOA dues are about ~$1,200 per quarter in Estates 4. You also have a water and sewer yearly maintenance charge for your particular lot that your house sits on. Both of those are about ~$700 for the entire year.

If you have a social membership the dues are over $500 per month and if you play golf (full golf membership) your dues are twice that of a social membership. You don't have to have a membership to live in Las Campanas.

Biggest complaint about living out here is the distance it is to town. You forget a gallon of milk its a long haul back and forth.

Living out here is great, I wouldn't live anywhere else. In fact, I bought another lot to build on later. Love it out here.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 6,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtbguy View Post
There are a few homeowners that are in short sale and I think one in foreclosure. So its hitting homeowners as well. A great buying opportunity out here now. I'm hearing from realtors that several would be buyers are watching to see what happens with the water situation and membership issues before they decide to buy out here. I think when the dust settles all will be fine, just a bit more $$ to live out here.
From what I can tell it seems that only the spec builders are really struggling in the area, however I currently have a bank owned property listed at a third of what it was on the market for last year at 477k We are having trouble selling it cause of some minor water damage. Its sales like these that ultimatley are going to drive the prices down out there.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:55 PM

2 posts, read 6,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtbguy View Post
Depends on the estates you are living in. Our HOA dues are about ~$1,200 per quarter in Estates 4. You also have a water and sewer yearly maintenance charge for your particular lot that your house sits on. Both of those are about ~$700 for the entire year.

If you have a social membership the dues are over $500 per month and if you play golf (full golf membership) your dues are twice that of a social membership. You don't have to have a membership to live in Las Campanas.

Biggest complaint about living out here is the distance it is to town. You forget a gallon of milk its a long haul back and forth.

Living out here is great, I wouldn't live anywhere else. In fact, I bought another lot to build on later. Love it out here.
Did the rates go up? Ive been looking in estates 4 and thought the hoa fees to be 3920 a year?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leland505 View Post
Did the rates go up? Ive been looking in estates 4 and thought the hoa fees to be 3920 a year?
Haven't kept up since my wife pays the bills but I think the dues went up a bit.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leland505 View Post
From what I can tell it seems that only the spec builders are really struggling in the area, however I currently have a bank owned property listed at a third of what it was on the market for last year at 477k We are having trouble selling it cause of some minor water damage. Its sales like these that ultimatley are going to drive the prices down out there.
Prices are down but we're seeing the properties less than $1M selling and above $2M, so there is some movement its not completely dead.

Your situation is an isolated case, there are not that many foreclosures in Las Campanas (per my agent).

You stilll see new home construction (pre-sold) activity. Blows my mind but its an indication that some people choose to build thier own than to buy something already built. Right now there are plenty of great prices I personnaly can't see why anybody would build, but thats me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe