Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 05:35 PM

23 posts, read 53,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
it is true that much of the expensive santa fe real estate attracts clientel who are typically around retirement age and comfortable financially. Probably 80 to 90% of the wealthy obtained their wealth outside of santa fe. However, a few profitable artist and government employees are the exception.

However, where you live and what you drive is not an accurate assesment of someone's obtained wealth by any means. Additionally, many wealthy folks are good people who just worked and saved their whole lives to live a lifestyle that seems relaxing and desirable. I am glad that many of them have chosen santa fe and hope that they find santa fe and nm just as wonderful as i do.

thanks for your intelligent and reasoned replies to blowhards who cannot seem to get beyond their own attitudes. We appreciate you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 11:00 PM

1 posts, read 873 times
santafe400 nails it. theres many places the well off can live in the US, and the world. As someone who grew up poor in NY and relocated to Santa Fe after making more money elsewhere, I'm glad to see people rich and poor loving such a great place. Dont punish the wealthy verbally because they have made it by hard work or inheritence. be happy they are paying taxes to make Santa Fe an even nicer place. Without them, it would be beautiful but not as neat as it is in many ways. I hope Santa Fe attracts some businesses to get young professionals to move here and stay as they move up the ladder. It would help improve school system too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe