U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 09:12 PM

41 posts, read 123,963 times

Advertisements

can anyone recommend any furniture stores that won't break the bank?

Looking for couch, coffee table, desk etc.

check craigslist everyday as well!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 01:27 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,173,755 times
http://www.elpasoimportco.com/index.php?pi=about_us

El Paso Imports
Love this store. Always dangerous to walk through on my lunch walks.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:19 AM

770 posts, read 836,486 times
Default Where to buy furniture in Santa Fe?

We recently purchased a vacation home in Santa Fe and we need to buy some furniture. I have found Santa Fe Country Furniture which has some nice wood furniture that I will probably buy from for dining table etc, but where do you go for upholstered furniture such as sofas? There really don't seem to be many places in town. Is it best to go to Albuquerque for furniture, and if you do buy down there, do they generally deliver up to the Santa Fe area?

Old 05-16-2010, 12:36 PM

409 posts, read 865,705 times
There is a little place called Sienna's Furniture‎
3501 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87507-2906(505) 474-4263‎.

It is not huge, but the manager is great and if you act a little hesitant he will most likely cut you a deal. He did that for me. And they constantly have sales signs posted along the road.
I found that the people at Country Dans were really nice but I wasn't terribly impressed with their options.
Incase you're in need of a mattress..the woman who works at the Mattress Firm in the DeVargas mall is a delight and super helpful.
A friend of mine bought a nice sofa set in ABQ and it was delivered for like ~$50. I would just rather support the local economy.
Good luck!

Old 05-16-2010, 03:29 PM

288 posts, read 537,713 times
I, too, love Santa Fe County Furniture. If you didn't already know, they have a HUGE warehouse that's open to the public off of Airport Road right past Cerrillos.

A good option (although somewhat pricey) for upholstered furniture is in the same plaza as Trader Joe's - the opposite end. I am completely forgetting the name, but it's a small local place that has very good service and their sales people are not pushy. Plus, they deliver the next day.

I've had good luck at American Home on St. Mikes for rugs, but haven't been impressed with the salespeople or promises on furniture there. We placed three orders for furniture when we moved here, and all three either arrived damaged or the item was suddenly out of stock.

Oh - I second the recommendation for Mattress Firm in DeVargas Mall. The woman who works there really is delightful and is usually able to find you a discount.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:18 AM

Thanks all! I will check these out when I am down there this weekend!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:16 AM

327 posts, read 681,431 times
I'd add Stephen's Home Page on Cerrillos Road - their warehouse is huge, and they are always getting new stuff in.
The furniture store in the 'Trader Joe's' mall is Leishman's Home I agree their salespeople are knowledgeable, not pushy. Worth a visit, as they often have special deals.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:30 PM

5 posts, read 10,658 times
American Home on St. Mikes filed for chapter 11 a couple years back but you can still find some good deals - just make sure it's in stock. I was able to get a good leather sofa that was luckily in stock.

As for mattresses - definitely buy from Mattress Firm. I went to American Home and they didn't have anything in stock. I tried Denver mattress and their stuff is cheap and horrible and the people didn't know anything. Then I tried some place on Cerrillos called America's Mattress and the people were like car salesmen - terrible! Finally I went to Mattress Firm - they've got the best stuff and it's in stock. I went to the one near Best Buy and the guy with glasses there was very nice and really worked out a great deal for me. I had a friend who bought something from the lady at DeVargas and he said she was really great too!

I tried to get a night stand from the guys at Sienna and when they tried to give me the piece it was damaged. Then it took forever to get a replacement and I had to argue with them.

Lastly - Leishman's, very nice and good stuff but extremely pricey.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:12 PM

7,565 posts, read 8,470,968 times
Default Furniture Shopping in Santa Fe

Hi all. I'm moving into town next week and I've been looking online on furniture stores and selection in the Santa Fe area and well.... ..I could use a bit of advice on where to go and what's what. What furniture stores in your experience have a good selection, where are the discount stores, and what are the pricey high end ones? Also mattress stores would be included.

I'm looking on craigslist for various used items but for apolstrey (sofa and futon) and mattresses I'd like to by new at a decent price. I may have to go to Albuquerque for bit more selection and better prices but if I can buy it all in Santa Fe I'd rather do that. So if you all could fill me in on your experiences with buying furniture in the Santa Fe area (and ABQ if neccessary) at what stores I'd be happy to hear about it. Thanks.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:55 AM

I have a second home in Santa Fe that I had to furnish. I had the same problem finding furniture there. I found that Sienna's Furniture on Cerrillos has lower priced furniture, but I ended up buying from Sofa Mart in Albuquerque though because I could not find what I was looking for in Santa Fe. I bought my mattress from Denver Mattress in Santa Fe. There are also a few Mattress Firm stores around town. For some neat southwest style furniture, try Santa Fe Country Furniture. They have mostly wood things (not much in the upholstered stuff). They have a small store on Cerrillos and a large warehouse on Airport Road.
Good luck and happy shopping!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe