Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:01 AM

7 posts, read 19,799 times

Advertisements

Inspectors dont "go out" and check for chinese drywall. Your post is completely inaccurate.
A sample of the sheetrock must be cut out and sent away for testing at a lab that could take up
to two weeks. Im not sure what your inspectors did...if anything.
Lastly, the homes are all sold now. They were all built in 2007. Any signs of CDW issues usually only
takes two years to appear. All is well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 09:07 AM

the buyers probably walked away because the entire real estate market collapsed.
You are a very silly person. Like I stated inspectors dont "go out" and find CDW it must be tested
for at a lab. Usually takes two weeks to find out. Your post is completely inaccurate.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:32 PM

Default CDW non-issue (there isnt any)

There is no chinese drywall in Tidewater preserve. One buyer used it(lied about it)to scare a bank and the bank sold the 400K property for a 130K. And guess what...the buyer moved right in. No rehab or anything.

Its a shame really that realtors could be so sleazy to sell a home to
use that tactic to try to get a bank to flinch. May have been Saunder's realty
I forget.

In fact the county tax appraiser will lower your taxes dramatically if
you can prove your home has chinese drywall. Guess what? Not a single
home in Tidewater has had their taxes reduced for this non-issue.
How can that be??? There isnt any toxic drywall in the community.

This is a hyped up issue by the media. Lived here for years and healthy
as a horse. Copper wiring still nice and shiny! Bozos.

Incidentally, how do you know house XYZ doesnt have some toxic
drywall in it when a addition/repair was done. Just because drywall was
manufactured in china doesnt mean its toxic.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:46 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apelozi View Post
Inspectors dont "go out" and check for chinese drywall. Your post is completely inaccurate.
A sample of the sheetrock must be cut out and sent away for testing at a lab that could take up
to two weeks. Im not sure what your inspectors did...if anything.
Lastly, the homes are all sold now. They were all built in 2007. Any signs of CDW issues usually only
takes two years to appear. All is well.
Often times a home inspector can visually see the effects of CDW. I've been in many, many homes with CDW and there are usually "signs", not always but usually. As far as an inspector, I would consider someone who checks for CDW(cuts pieces out of the wall, etc) in the "inspector" category. You are correct that not all drywall manufactured in China is bad. It would throw up a red flag if I saw that though. Sometimes there are definite signs that you have it-jet black coils in the A/C, black copper wires, firecracker smell. I was in one a few days ago and the minute I walked in the home I knew it had CDW-the "firecracker smell" was overwhelming. Upon further inspection, the coils were black, wires were black, fixtures were pitted, etc

Incidentally, am I'm sure you know this, but you can have one wall in a home that is affected by CDW and another that is not. So, just because one wall in your home comes back negative doesn't mean your home does not have it. I've seen this on several occasions. They now have new devices where they can shoot a gun at the sheets in the walls. Apparently it measures the sulfur level in the drywall, which is one of the components in CDW.

I don't remember the whole story on the CDW in Tidewater but I'm not quite sure how the Realtor would be the "sleazy" one in this deal. If a report came back positive for CDW it has nothing to do with the Realtor being good or bad. In fact, I would say that the Realtor was doing a good job suggesting that their clients have the home tested. I couldn't locate the article so this is just going on what you are stating in your post.

Last edited by SoFLGal; 03-19-2011 at 04:07 AM..

Old 03-19-2011, 05:46 PM

Default Sleazy...

There wasn't any CDW in the home. It was used as a piece to get the
bank to sell, low, low, low. And they did...and the buyer moved right in
smiles and giggles.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:59 PM

Default incidentally..

what I'm saying is none of that exists..the pitting, the blackening, the
firecracker smell etc. Most of the homes here are occupied and have been
for years.

Its very dangerous for realtors to spread rumors especially if they are unfounded. Take it from the horses mouth. I live here and there ain't
know problem.

In my opinion it is out of order to spread rumors that are none existent.
The tax appraiser will drop your taxes if you can prove it, WCI will
put all new sheet rock in if you can prove it. No such thing has occurred
in this community.

Im sure you know just because WCI built a home or two in southern
Florida with bad sheet rock it doesn't mean every home they built was bad.

Incidentally if you all are so sure about the CDW here give me the addresses I would be happy to go take a look for myself with a realtor or talk to the people that are living in the home.

My comments are not addressed to you. I believe it was some woman that "went running the other way." What was the address?

Really what was the address? You don't supply that and its all hogwash.

As stated before. How do you know a home built in 1998 that had an addition done in 2007 doesn't have CDW.

Its a silly discussion drummed up by the media. If there's pitting and blackening and an odor then yes ofcourse don't buy it.

But if people have lived in a community for years, no odor, no blackening, no health propbelms and testing was done. Its really just silly.

Like some sort of pissing contest between realtors that want to sell one property of the other. Its really just lying and gossip.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:16 AM

Chinese Drywall Contains High Levels of Sulfur, EPA Tests Show - Developments - WSJ Yes, high sulfur is one of the components in CDW.

The rest of your post doesn't warrant a response.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:44 PM

Default hahahaha

OMG...you had my post deleted...I dont even know what to say.
Did I upset your little world here?

Strontium is the element looked for in drywall testing.

Delete that "keeper" and thats just censorship.

the fact you didnt know this speaks volumes about your actual
experience with drywall testing.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:48 PM

Really? Oh by the way, I sell homes and never claimed to be any type of inspector. My scope of knowledge has been being present at many inspections when CDW has been found. Like I said before, I've seen many, many with CDW present. I'm not an inspector and always recommend having a home inspected. Here are some articles that you may enjoy reading. I think I've discussed this topic enough. It's like beating a dead horse.

Here's what I said: "Apparently it measures the sulfur level in the drywall, which is one of the components in CDW."

And here is the proof:

CHINESE DRYWALL TESTING
Researchers at Columbia Analytical developed an innovative chamber test procedure for the measurement of hydrogen sulfide at ultra low levels in suspect drywall. Hydrogen sulfide is a contributor to copper pipe corrosion and has a characteristic “rotten egg” smell with an extremely low odor threshold.

Chinese Drywall | Chinese Drywall Inspection | Chinese Drywall Inspector | Certified Chinese Drywall Testing Full Data Tier lll Visual Plus Sample Drywall Inspection include: All of the above - plus a Laboratory Sample Analysis and Test documentation for levels of Elemental Sulfur. Combined and when needed the two inspections provide you with Evidence and certified laboratory proof you need to definitively answer the question. Inspection Protocol is designed to follow guidelines and recommendations made by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Interim Guidance Report, August 27th 2010.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:28 PM

Here are two pictures I took last week of an A/C in a home suspected to have CDW. The home wreaked of firecrackers, every copper wire in the home was jet black and there was black soot falling off the A/C coils but hey, what do I know? I'm just a Realtor. As I said before, always get an inspection

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area