Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 03:07 PM

157 posts, read 440,390 times

Advertisements

So sorry for your loss. Good luck and may God bless you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 07:52 PM

440 posts, read 1,052,794 times
One of my closest friends lost her husband of many years. It was a very emotional time for her as I'm sure it is for you. One thing I noticed was that even tho her old friends were there for support, she regrouped around single friends and found great comfort in a group of widows who were able to understand what she was going through. For that reason, it might be a good time to try Sarasota. Sarasota, it's beauty, warmth, beaches might very restorative for you especially since your niece is here.I wish you some peace at that difficult time.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:03 PM

12 posts, read 15,461 times
Red face To My New Friends!

To
Big House,Oobie119,Beerme1,CulturedMom,Col.W.Deering,F oggytoad,Rushmore & Angelagardner,

I can't begin to express what I felt after reading your replys. Each & every one of you touched me with your warm words and sincere concern. What each of you have written are thoughts that I also have had over and over, especially not "rushing" into anything! I would definitely "rent" as that is what we were planning and we had already arranged to meet with a realtor who deals in "upscale rentals". As I stated before, I became very familiar with this site and found all of you to be so delightful. You have made me believe that there are "real people" still around who are willing to help in any way they can; either by words or action!! I know that you do meet with each other and believe me, when and if I make the move (and I'm really leaning towards making it) I will be one of the first to say "I'll be there"!!! Foggytoad...I agree with you 100% when you wrote they are a great bunch of people!! It would be "my pleasure" to meet each and everyone of you and God willing that will happen. I'm going up to Upstate New York for a couple of weeks to visit family and friends and then spending a week or so with my sister in Cary, NC. So by the end of August, I hope to be able to write to you all and say I'll be coming to beautiful Sarasota to find my new home and meet all my new friends. Believe me when I say that you have all given me "that special lift" which will help me to "pick up and start over again". For that, I Thank You from the bottom of my heart!! May your days be filled with sunshine, love and good health!! My very best to you all!!!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2010, 07:29 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,125 times
Awww thanks so much Dis!! We are all wishing you the best and hope everything works smoothly. Check in with us prior to your move and we'll do what we can to help with the transition. Good Luck! XOXOX

Old 07-09-2010, 10:40 AM

151 posts, read 559,447 times
Awwww...if I wasn't at work right now I would be in tears. Can't wait to meet you too. We will be down there the first part of August so look us up when you arrive. I do know what you mean about this forum, I have posted to other cities when we were trying to find a new home and this one is by far the most friendly set of people. I have had negative responses in some places and it turned me away from moving there.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:47 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,086,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl View Post
To
Big House,Oobie119,Beerme1,CulturedMom,Col.W.Deering,F oggytoad,Rushmore & Angelagardner,

I can't begin to express what I felt after reading your replys. Each & every one of you touched me with your warm words and sincere concern. What each of you have written are thoughts that I also have had over and over, especially not "rushing" into anything! I would definitely "rent" as that is what we were planning and we had already arranged to meet with a realtor who deals in "upscale rentals". As I stated before, I became very familiar with this site and found all of you to be so delightful. You have made me believe that there are "real people" still around who are willing to help in any way they can; either by words or action!! I know that you do meet with each other and believe me, when and if I make the move (and I'm really leaning towards making it) I will be one of the first to say "I'll be there"!!! Foggytoad...I agree with you 100% when you wrote they are a great bunch of people!! It would be "my pleasure" to meet each and everyone of you and God willing that will happen. I'm going up to Upstate New York for a couple of weeks to visit family and friends and then spending a week or so with my sister in Cary, NC. So by the end of August, I hope to be able to write to you all and say I'll be coming to beautiful Sarasota to find my new home and meet all my new friends. Believe me when I say that you have all given me "that special lift" which will help me to "pick up and start over again". For that, I Thank You from the bottom of my heart!! May your days be filled with sunshine, love and good health!! My very best to you all!!!!!!!!

We like to have meet-ups. It is nice meeting some of the people that you talk to from time to time, and see they are real, not just some computer.

Where in Upstate NY are you going? I grew up in WNY. Have a great trip, and hope you travel safely!

Old 07-09-2010, 02:00 PM

Hi Big House!

I'll be going to Utica, NY and then up to Old Forge for about two weeks. I'm going to make a bet and say that you are from either Rochester or Buffalo....right?
If not, it was worth the guess!! Chat with you soon!!!!

Old 07-09-2010, 02:06 PM

Hey angelagardner....no tears! I have been shedding enough of those for both of us...but I'm getting better. Taking one day at a time!!! I have such a wonderful feeling about Sarasota since I got to chat with everyone! My honey would be so happy knowing that I'll be meeting wonderful people like you all!!! Hugs & kIsses to all!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Hi Big House!

I'll be going to Utica, NY and then up to Old Forge for about two weeks. I'm going to make a bet and say that you are from either Rochester or Buffalo....right?
If not, it was worth the guess!! Chat with you soon!!!!
Yep! A small town in the area, near Conesus Lake, which is one of the finger lakes. You can probably tell that because of all my mis-spellings and poor grammar. Is that what gave it away?

Old 07-09-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Hey angelagardner....no tears! I have been shedding enough of those for both of us...but I'm getting better. Taking one day at a time!!! I have such a wonderful feeling about Sarasota since I got to chat with everyone! My honey would be so happy knowing that I'll be meeting wonderful people like you all!!! Hugs & kIsses to all!!!!!!!!!!
You have a terrific attitude. I'm sure he wants you to be happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area