Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 03:12 PM

268 posts, read 1,064,488 times

Advertisements

I love Sweet Bays chicken salad - no mayo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 04:18 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,664,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post
I love Sweet Bays chicken salad - no mayo.
Funny, I have friends that swear by it too They've served it for lunch on croissants when we come over & it is so yummy!

Old 07-20-2010, 08:42 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,240,963 times
I love Sweet Bay- I find Publix outrageously overpriced. However, I do all the grocery shopping at Super Walmart. They have a great selection and low prices. If I need something I can't find there I go to Sweetbay. Their Hanaford products are very good

Old 07-20-2010, 10:25 AM

41 posts, read 79,581 times
I prefer Sweet Bay over Publix as well - I live near Burns Court and go to the one in Midtown Plaza.

I have found that the food staples that I buy are generally 5 - 10% cheaper at Sweet Bay than they are at Publix.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:47 AM

17,463 posts, read 38,864,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRQ14 View Post
I prefer Sweet Bay over Publix as well - I live near Burns Court and go to the one in Midtown Plaza.

I have found that the food staples that I buy are generally 5 - 10% cheaper at Sweet Bay than they are at Publix.
Well, guess I'm outnumbered on Publix. That Midtown Sweetbay is really nice, as I mentioned before. Still, there is no store anywhere that can match the big superstore Publix on University, they have it all. That said, I shop at veggie stands, Super Walmart, Supertarget, FreshMarket and Publix. Variety is the spice of life!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:46 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,024,131 times
There is a nice Sweet Bay in Punta Gorda. I like Publix better, but it is pretty nice. I didn't know it was associated with Food Lion. That helps explain some things to me. I agree that some are better than others. I'd check it out.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:19 AM

481 posts, read 939,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
I love Sweet Bay- I find Publix outrageously overpriced. However, I do all the grocery shopping at Super Walmart. They have a great selection and low prices. If I need something I can't find there I go to Sweetbay. Their Hanaford products are very good
quick note, becareful getting your meat at WalMart. I was looking for a skirt steak at the WalMart in Osprey and I asked the butcher and she said to me, I kid you not, "I would go to Publix or Sweetbays for meat. Don't buy it at WalMart." Thatw as all I needed to hear, lol.

Add me to the list of SweetBay lovers. I concur that they have a great ethnic section and I like their produce.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:39 AM

17,463 posts, read 38,864,396 times
Yeah, I would never buy meat at WalMart. I love the beef I get at Publix, it beats even the overpriced Fresh Market, and they often put their tenderloin on sale (we eat that once a week.) Target has pretty good ground beef and natural chicken, and I love their Archer Farms frozen natural no-chemical shrimp. Tastes better than even the seafood markets.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:37 AM

879 posts, read 1,945,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
quick note, becareful getting your meat at WalMart. I was looking for a skirt steak at the WalMart in Osprey and I asked the butcher and she said to me, I kid you not, "I would go to Publix or Sweetbays for meat. Don't buy it at WalMart." Thatw as all I needed to hear, lol.

Add me to the list of SweetBay lovers. I concur that they have a great ethnic section and I like their produce.

where i come from you don't buy "real food" at walmart anyway. maybe milk and a box of cereal so this is all new to me. I don't think i could change my ways there. Walmart is very low level retail where i live and looked down on. I know it's different other places but... i dunno, i am conditioned already. We have only had Walmart here for a few years.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:06 PM

477 posts, read 983,511 times
I had a ton of things to buy to replenish our kitchen/pantry last week when we first moved here. So, I went to Wal-Mart in Osprey to get things like aluminum foil, toilet paper, paper towels, cereal, blah, blah, since it was cheaper...NEVER AGAIN!! Everytime I go to Wally World, I always say never again!! The sweet ladies ahead of me in line were so hot and sweaty, their hair was wet. They were talking to the cashier about how hot it was in there (it WAS hot!) And the cashier said that they cannot control the temp. in the store. Corporate Wal-Mart controls it and decides the temp levels and it doesn't matter how hot it gets...Are you kidding me??? Wackos...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area