Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 08:21 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times

Advertisements

Yippe!!!!
First month of unemployment was great, second month ok, by the end of June I was about to lose my mind...I have had separate interviews at three different companies since April...THREE....that's it in 90 days....

After my third interview last week, I got good vibes! Sent a thank you card right after the interview. They called the next day for references. Called my people to ask for an ok on that...Got the call last Friday while in the midst of our fabulous Vinyl Music Festival & was BLOWN away by the news!!!!

I can't tell you how many resumes I sent out just to get three interviews. I spent every morning (after the gym) scouring Craigslist, which by the way is where I got the job....Careerbuilder/Monster had nothing...jobsindeed was so/so. I had over five years with the same company that is well known in this town...I do believe that sealed the deal....I will be back working in my field (property mgt.) out on SKB and couldn't be more pleased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 08:53 AM

879 posts, read 1,953,577 times
High Five! Now... Happy dance! Yahooooo

Old 07-19-2010, 09:18 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,639 times
AWESOME!! Sounds great, so happy

Old 07-19-2010, 09:21 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,002,426 times
that is friggin' awesome!!!! Congrats!

Old 07-19-2010, 09:31 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Thanx all!!!
...forgot to add, it's full time plus some overtime, full medical/dental & the salary rocks. I was getting so dissapointed with the amount of $8-$10 part time jobs that looked fabulous but not acceptable pay...and with that rate of pay you know there's no benefits. Employers down here are quite the stingy contingent.....anyone who's moving down here better have a secure job lined up because after my first hand experience living on U.E., I was about ready to write the tell all book or leave...and then I didn't know where to run to...I know it's rough all over...I love Sarasota! After the music event of the year (Vinyl Music Festival) that I just attended (thank you Rich Swier, Matt Orr & everyone involved a million times over), I know this town has a contingent of people between 20 & 50 who want to make it happen here!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 AM

477 posts, read 987,408 times
Woohoo!!! Congrats! I'll have to let my mom know how long it took you since she plans on moving down here. She has been a property manager for years and was hoping to do the same down here.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:20 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Congratulations--I bet they will never regret hiring you...

Old 07-19-2010, 10:30 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Congratulations Lady! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how the job hunt was going. You must be so happy - it sounds great!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:55 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,344,825 times
GREAT news. Congratulations.

I have interviewed and hired dozens (hundreds?) of people over the years, and I can tell you this:

I am always amazed at how poorly the average person interviews for a job. Here they are, out of work, needing work, responding to an ad, scheduling an interview...

...then they're late (forget it, we're done. I will only pretend to interview you at this point, and if you're more than fifteen minutes late, I will not interview you at all), improperly dressed (jeans? really? to a job interview?!), make no eye contact, ask all the wrong questions first ("what is the policy on sick days?"), and are just generally not to be taken seriously. Then, you list the same type of job a year later, and the same dumb people respond. Ugh.

Your thank you card went a long way, I bet. Little things like that on top of interviewing professionally can make all the difference in the world, especially around here, where it is even tougher than elsewhere.

Well done.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:15 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times
congrats-good to see determined and focused people CAN still find employment. shame though because I heard Big House was about to offer you a position !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area