Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 09:49 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times

Advertisements

Good luck on your trip, JNanner - soon you will be one of us - sharing our beautiful paradise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 01:47 PM

477 posts, read 987,408 times
jnanner, I know exactly how you are feeling! We never felt ready, even when the truck pulled up but it all worked out. Then I was freaking out about finding a nice place to stay with dogs along the way but that worked out great, too....Just get through these next few days and it's smooth sailing.... Get the basics unpacked, go to the beach, swim in your rent a pool, and unpack a few boxes every day. I went through 20 boxes in one day and now my poor back is out of commission today. But at least my foyer is clear now. When everyone on this board said it will all be worth it, they were right! Safe travels! <3

Old 07-20-2010, 02:10 PM

879 posts, read 1,953,577 times
thanks everyone.

beachymom - i just went with a Holiday Inn at the halfway point. No pool but the kids don't care. I don't feel like i have to worry about that at least, and they take dogs.

I feel like there is NO way i have the energy or time to finish packing. Prob is we are listing the house after I leave so i don't want to leave a mess and don't have time to clean

Old 07-20-2010, 05:41 PM

477 posts, read 987,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnanner View Post
thanks everyone.

beachymom - i just went with a Holiday Inn at the halfway point. No pool but the kids don't care. I don't feel like i have to worry about that at least, and they take dogs.

I feel like there is NO way i have the energy or time to finish packing. Prob is we are listing the house after I leave so i don't want to leave a mess and don't have time to clean
If there is no way you will have time to clean, don't worry about it. Have it cleaned afterwards. That is what we are doing. Just drive away....

Old 07-20-2010, 05:43 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Yeah! Hurry up! We need another pretty girl down there that likes to drink Yeungling!

Drive Safely! Remember your name is jnanner not Mario Andretti!

Old 07-20-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Yeah! Hurry up! We need another pretty girl down there that likes to drink Yeungling!

Drive Safely! Remember your name is jnanner not Mario Andretti!
Thanks for making me smile!!

Old 07-20-2010, 09:25 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,850 times
I think you'll love it here.
I've been here most of this month, and as I drive around, even in heavy traffic (Of course, relative to long island there isn't much traffic), I sometimes just say out loud "It is so beautiful here!" I LOVE driving across the bridge from downtown to St. Armand's just about sunset. First stop at the west parking area to look at the amazing sunsets, and then a stop at Kilwin's for the best ice cream! Tonight was chocolate peanut butter with maraschino cherry topping. MMMMMMM

Old 07-21-2010, 04:52 AM

165 posts, read 336,590 times
Exciting stuff, jnanner! Take a deep breath! Have a safe trip and maybe one day I'll be able to post something like yours.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:11 PM

omg moving truck coming tomorrow!!! soooo tired... excited, nervous... ack

Old 07-22-2010, 03:26 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnanner View Post
omg moving truck coming tomorrow!!! soooo tired... excited, nervous... ack
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Jnanner is coming - Jnanner is coming! LOL I am excited for you! Don't worry you will be ready - just try to get some good sleep if you can.

Blessings to you for a safe trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area