Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 10:11 AM

10 posts, read 12,271 times

Advertisements

After spending a couple days lurking I decided to join the forums..so thought I would drop in and say hi!

My wife and I plan to look in the southwest florida area for possible retirement property soon. (Can no longer afford New York State taxes and 100 inches of snow each winter gets real old too!)

Anyways nothing specific to discuss right now other than dropping in to say hello!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 10:23 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,887,682 times
Welcome Red-Sol! I had been a bit of a lurker on the surface as well, my husband had has an account on here for quite some time, and I used to just use his. But then I'd have to sign my name so people knew it was me and vice versa.
Hope you like us here!! We've been a number of these people in person, and they're great people!!

Old 07-21-2010, 10:33 AM

165 posts, read 336,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Sol View Post
After spending a couple days lurking I decided to join the forums..so thought I would drop in and say hi!

My wife and I plan to look in the southwest florida area for possible retirement property soon. (Can no longer afford New York State taxes and 100 inches of snow each winter gets real old too!)

Anyways nothing specific to discuss right now other than dropping in to say hello!
Hi Red-Sol! I'm new here too so a welcome to a newbie from a newbie. We are Northeners too and live in MN. We're sick and tired of our winters that last about six months so we're checking out Rotonda and Englewood primarily. Hope to live up here for the GOOD months (end of April through October) and in sunny FL for about six months. The people here are very helpful and I've learned a lot in only a couple weeks of visiting on here.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:15 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,125 times
Ahhh Newbies.... welcome to all!! Welcome to the forum. We will do our best to help you out with anything you need..(really, anything..this forum can just about answer any question you have ) Join us and chime in-- and have fun!!

Old 07-21-2010, 04:42 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
Hi there and welcome!

If you have any questions about the area feel free to ask. Everyone on the Sarasota board is very helpful

Old 07-21-2010, 05:32 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,086,723 times
Welcome to the Board!
It is a great place to get information.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have!
And, even if you don't, some of us might answer them anyway.

You're question is _ _ _, and my answer is YES! I love Yeungling, it's my favorite beer! Thanks for asking!

Old 07-21-2010, 05:37 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Welcome to the Board!
It is a great place to get information.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have!
And, even if you don't, some of us might answer them anyway.

You're question is _ _ _, and my answer is YES! I love Yeungling, it's my favorite beer! Thanks for asking!

Kinda giving the newbies the wrong idea there arent you? --not all of us are wild partiers. Well....I AM, but I know many others are not

Old 07-21-2010, 07:58 PM

473 posts, read 1,167,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Sol View Post

100 inches huh? Can I guess somewhere around Rochester? I'm in Cheektowaga near Buffalo.
Welcome to City Data Sarasota edition. You are going to get a wealth of info from the fine people here and a few idiots as well

Old 07-21-2010, 08:00 PM

473 posts, read 1,167,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Kinda giving the newbies the wrong idea there arent you? --not all of us are wild partiers. Well....I AM, but I know many others are not

+1

Old 07-22-2010, 12:26 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,850 times
+2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area