U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-06-2010, 10:27 AM

7 posts, read 9,009 times
Default Looking for a new home subdivision that allows fences

I am looking for a new home where I can have a fence for my 70 pound dog. Anybody know of any? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 10:30 AM

1,939 posts, read 3,870,956 times
Could you be more specific as to what area? Sarasota or Bradenton, east or west? Are the school districts a factor? We can help with more info- there are a lot of areas that allow fences: )

Old 08-06-2010, 10:55 AM

We were thinking of Sarasota or Venice. We are also looking in the Naples area. Schools are not a factor. Looking for a 3 bedroom home around 2000 sq. ft., one story, under $300,000, not too far (less than 20 minutes) from the ocean would be a huge plus. I've been trying to do a search online and have only found one new subdivision that allows fences. (Stony brook by Lennar in Venice.) Thanks!

Old 08-06-2010, 11:20 AM

Im not too familiar with Sarasota, but Im not too far from Sarasota in Bradenton..just 5 minutes from University which is the border. You can try Barrington Ridge, Mandalay, RioMar (soo nice), Regal Oaks, and Palm Aire which has many different subdisivisons. All these areas are very close to Sarasota, the airport, hospitals and the beach. You can get to Lido or Siesta key in 20 minutes. These areas are very well kept, safe and quiet. Im sorry I dont know much about the other areas : )

Old 08-06-2010, 11:27 AM

82 posts, read 82,536 times
Why not install one of those buried electric fences w/ a collar?

Old 08-06-2010, 11:48 AM

The electric fences don't keep other animals away from my dog. I have a friend that tried an electric fence and her dog would run through the fence chasing something like a rabbit. The dog wouldn't come back into the yard because it would get zapped again. The dog ended up getting hit by a car.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:58 AM

6,745 posts, read 12,456,760 times
Very few allow fences and if they do there's usually a restriction the kind or height. Some communities that are gated that come to mind are:

Stillwater
Huntington Pointe
Sarasota Ranch Club
Bent Tree
Sawgrass
Willowbrook

Now if you take off the gated part and just go with new you have:

Bearded Oaks
Forest Creek
Lake Sarasota
South Venice
North Port (but it's further from the beach then you are looking)
Ventura Village
Overbrook Gardens
Park Trace Estates
Marblehead
The Enclave
Three Oaks
Deer Hammock
Rivendell
Ashworth Park
Arbor Trace

There are others but the are over the $300k mark

Old 08-06-2010, 02:06 PM

Part of the reason we bought where we did was so we could have a fenced in yard; not only for a dog someday but for the safety of our daughter. We found the same thing you are finding, not many areas allow fences which limited us in our home buying search. If you desire the safety and convenience of Sarasota try some of the areas I mentioned. You may be very surprised at how comparable they are, with the features you are looking for..

Old 08-06-2010, 02:49 PM

My dog is a big baby that is usually sleeping on the bed or the couch. She does however want to go out several times a day. With my back problem, I can't always count on walking her. She is not a yard dog. And she is not a barker. BTW, she is a guide dog.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofbelle View Post
My dog is a big baby that is usually sleeping on the bed or the couch. She does however want to go out several times a day. With my back problem, I can't always count on walking her. She is not a yard dog. And she is not a barker. BTW, she is a guide dog.
You GO GIRL --btw, Ive found that most dogs over 50 are all big babies..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area