Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 06:12 AM

4 posts, read 9,882 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the input everyone. I agree that its sad I do have to ask these things,even in 2010! We will be there shortly after Christmas. The kids are excited but it will be a bit if culture shock to all of us. We are definitely looking forward to the beach though!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 08:12 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial1 View Post
Thanks for the input everyone. I agree that its sad I do have to ask these things,even in 2010! We will be there shortly after Christmas. The kids are excited but it will be a bit if culture shock to all of us. We are definitely looking forward to the beach though!!

The most important thing to know is that you . . .
V (read below)
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

Like lots of sunshine, remember, if you come to any of our meet ups that . . .
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
I like to drink Yeungling !
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
And,
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
People in Florida, and here, Like to have fun!
Welcome to the Board, and your new home!!

Old 11-06-2010, 08:39 AM

36 posts, read 35,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial1 View Post
Im white,my hubby is black and we have three biracial children. My employer is tranferring me from New Orleans to Sarasota. How are the race relations in the area? Please be honest! If my children are going to have issues I will decline the transfer. Please give me some input including diverse areas or neighborhoods near by. Thanks!
if i were you, i'd just move and not worry about it. orleans sux...

Old 11-06-2010, 11:54 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,066,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motersicklebum tim View Post
if i were you, i'd just move and not worry about it. orleans sux...

But, New Orleans is a cultural hub.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:35 AM

172 posts, read 472,494 times
Southwest Airlines Tampa to New Orleans is only about an hour and a quarter flight. I love the vibe in Nola but prefer to live in 'Sota. There are always issues related to race in America, but Sarasota is, for the most part, a good hearted progressive community. Best Wishes!

Old 11-13-2010, 05:38 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,740,010 times
Wow, I so appreciate reading this thread! I'm white, and my husband is white, but we live in a highly mixed multicultural city and like it that way. Looking for a winter home in Florida, and I'm only used to parts of the central east coast, and from 20 years ago, where it seemed that the races were two solitudes. I'm very glad to hear a little about Sarasota in this regard; I'll be there in just over a month looking at property.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:09 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,422,747 times
I dont think you will have any problems with Sarasota, Charlotte or Lee countys.
I would keep clear of places like Arcadia.

Old 05-06-2020, 10:04 PM

2 posts, read 732 times
Give love to any race of people, and Especially if two different races are in Love....show them love as well. Sarasota is by far Racist! For what? Sunrises, Sunsets, Beautiful Ocean Waves, the Environment etc should lift your heart and Spirit to Love all Around♥️♥️♥️

Old 05-07-2020, 06:31 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Remember the old saying don't discuss politics, religion, or money with strangers? Still in action here.

No one cares WHO you are ... only if you are a nice person or a jerk.

It's pretty refreshing if you are of like mind. That being said, you also won't get 'extra' attention, if that makes sense.

Old 05-07-2020, 08:34 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,430,427 times
Wow! Ten year old thread dug up. How does that even happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area