Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 09:12 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,918,978 times

Advertisements

Still saying prayers to St. Francis of Assisi to help Samson be home soon and reunited with his family.
Please keep us posted...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 04:51 AM

531 posts, read 1,161,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
Still saying prayers to St. Francis of Assisi to help Samson be home soon and reunited with his family.
Please keep us posted...
That was sooo nice of you, Col. Deering! I also wish the best for Samson, and pray he gets returned to his dear family. It makes me feel so sad that he isn't "home" yet! Please DO keep us posted......we care!

Old 11-17-2010, 12:27 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,918,978 times
I was going through the Hillsborough County Animal Services (looking at MinPins) and saw this Mastiff who reminded me of Samson: PetHarbor.com: Animal Shelter adopt a pet; dogs, cats, puppies, kittens! Humane Society, SPCA. Lost & Found. and wondered if Samson has made it home yet?

Last edited by Col.W.Deering; 11-17-2010 at 12:37 PM..

Old 11-17-2010, 01:27 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,145,991 times
that would be wonderful if it was him, its very hard to tell as the one in the shelter has lost an awful lot of weight. if only he was chipped it would make it so much easier

Old 11-17-2010, 01:51 PM

531 posts, read 1,161,360 times
Everytime I see a post on Samson my heart leaps with hope! Praying that the dog at the Humane Society IS the poor guy! His family must be so heartbroken!

Old 11-17-2010, 03:58 PM

169 posts, read 396,365 times
Bump.

Please let us know about Sampsom.

I agree about Animal Services and Shelters in general,you have to actually go there yourself. Don't go by what is told you over the phone.Also are there any private rescues in the area?.
We have some in East Bradenton.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:18 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,911,110 times
Sadly Samson is still missing. I'm going to post the link on Anitra's Facebook page so she can look into this. He is micro chipped by the way. Thanks for passing it along

Old 11-17-2010, 07:30 PM

4 posts, read 6,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
I was going through the Hillsborough County Animal Services (looking at MinPins) and saw this Mastiff who reminded me of Samson: PetHarbor.com: Animal Shelter adopt a pet; dogs, cats, puppies, kittens! Humane Society, SPCA. Lost & Found. and wondered if Samson has made it home yet?

Thank you all so very much and for all the prayers as well! We are very heartbroken and our minds are on him all the time. In fact tonight before I received your FB message I was scanning the net myself for any information I could find. I did see the pic and I would say yes but hubby thinks not..:0( I have been mistaken with another dog in Tampa which turned out to be Tony Little's Dog. And I kid you not he looked just like my Samson! So I am not sure if this new find at the Tampa shelter is him or not. I called right away at 9:26pm tonight and gave the answering service my information and that we lost a dog such as this and that he is Micro chipped. So please every one a prayer chain is needed. I was told they will call me in the morning when they open. But of course I will be calling them. I can only hope and believe this is my bubby boy! Thank you Col W Deering for all your help!
Anitra

Old 11-17-2010, 09:30 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,911,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitra008 View Post
Thank you all so very much and for all the prayers as well! We are very heartbroken and our minds are on him all the time. In fact tonight before I received your FB message I was scanning the net myself for any information I could find. I did see the pic and I would say yes but hubby thinks not..:0( I have been mistaken with another dog in Tampa which turned out to be Tony Little's Dog. And I kid you not he looked just like my Samson! So I am not sure if this new find at the Tampa shelter is him or not. I called right away at 9:26pm tonight and gave the answering service my information and that we lost a dog such as this and that he is Micro chipped. So please every one a prayer chain is needed. I was told they will call me in the morning when they open. But of course I will be calling them. I can only hope and believe this is my bubby boy! Thank you Col W Deering for all your help!
Anitra
Anitra,

Just found this website. Not sure if it works but I thought I'd pass it along: Lost My Doggie - Our Missing Pet Recovery Service will Help Find Your Lost Dog, Lost Cat or Missing Pet I'll post it on your FB page as well in case you're not checking here on a regular basis.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:08 PM

4 posts, read 6,404 times
Okay thanks I have to remember to stop by here is there some way to get all the post on this topic sent to me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area