Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 09:57 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,387,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyddog View Post
Not in downtown.(sorry)- up on University, try Olive R Twists. Very reasonable, home cooked meals.
I love the name
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 12:24 PM

74 posts, read 254,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachymom View Post
I just realized that the Dutch Heritage here is the same one from Ohio. Our favorite in Ohio was Der Dutchman but Dutch Heritage was great, too. Love that broasted chicken!!
The Der Dutchman in Waynesville, Ohio? Did you know that one recently burned to the ground? It was such a sad thing...I loved that place. I do think they plan on rebuilding.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:15 PM

4,892 posts, read 14,090,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert321 View Post
I'd like to hear what your favorite downtown restaurant/s is in Sarasota. Not fine dining, but rather places that have a good selection of dinner entres under $16?

Food Quality is priority #1, and a good atmosphere is also important.
Caraguillios, perhaps..?

Old 11-23-2010, 04:01 PM

462 posts, read 1,701,607 times
I love Pho Cali. Great food and prices. Rushmore, what Thai restaurant do you prefer to Drunken Poet? I live pretty close to Bangkok and I have to say it disappoints me every time I order food there. It was supposedly voted the best Thai in Sarasota but I can't figure out why. Is it because no one here knows what Thai food should taste like or what?

Old 11-23-2010, 05:27 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyflyfsh View Post
I love Pho Cali. Great food and prices. Rushmore, what Thai restaurant do you prefer to Drunken Poet? I live pretty close to Bangkok and I have to say it disappoints me every time I order food there. It was supposedly voted the best Thai in Sarasota but I can't figure out why. Is it because no one here knows what Thai food should taste like or what?
You're not going to find top-drawer Thai food here, but...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/saras...estaurant.html

Bangkok is nice and decent and friendly and fine, but NOT great, you're right. I can tell you this, though: they do a very fine red curry duckling, and the tom ka gai is pretty good. The larb gai has been either REALLY good or inexplicably bad, and they do not do drunken noodles, for some reason. I don't really have any use for pad thai, so I cannot comment on it very well.

Otherwise, everything's pretty...meh.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:00 PM

477 posts, read 983,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtofl View Post
The Der Dutchman in Waynesville, Ohio? Did you know that one recently burned to the ground? It was such a sad thing...I loved that place. I do think they plan on rebuilding.
No, not Waynesville. We lived about 20 minutes from the one in Plain City. Good food...LOVE the bread pudding.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:13 PM

17,466 posts, read 38,877,668 times
Well, me and DH LOVE Bangkok, but that is not anywhere near downtown.

I think almost all the downtown restos will have meals within that price point.

I would stay away from Barnacle Bills's, they are EXTREMELY high, because they nickle and dime you to death, charging for things other places don't charge. It's not that great anyway.

Lots of little Asian places, for Mexican I FAR prefer Cinco de Mayo to Two Senoritas.

Sangria's is a nice little Spanish tapas place, we like that one a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area