Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 11:20 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,343,559 times

Advertisements

I must admit, I am mystified by people leaving their dog poop all over. This very morning, I had to pick up what appeared to be the product of a mule or horse or something from my front yard.

It's like taking your shopping cart back to the dropoff after unloading. Just do it because you should.

One morning, we got many blocks away, Mallory did her business, and I realized the spool was empty on the bag thingy. Ugh. I walked all the way home, dropped the dog off, then went all the way back and picked it up.

I don't want a medal or anything. I'm just pointing out that it seems so amazingly rude to me, and I do not want to be that guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 11:38 AM

477 posts, read 987,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I must admit, I am mystified by people leaving their dog poop all over. This very morning, I had to pick up what appeared to be the product of a mule or horse or something from my front yard.

It's like taking your shopping cart back to the dropoff after unloading. Just do it because you should.

One morning, we got many blocks away, Mallory did her business, and I realized the spool was empty on the bag thingy. Ugh. I walked all the way home, dropped the dog off, then went all the way back and picked it up.

I don't want a medal or anything. I'm just pointing out that it seems so amazingly rude to me, and I do not want to be that guy.
Oh, that's too funny! Reminds me of Bruce Dern in "The 'Burbs"....
"You know why he has the best lawn in the neighborhood? Because he teaches his dog to crap on MY lawn!"

But you having to clean it up.... not so funny...

Last edited by beachymom; 11-27-2010 at 12:06 PM..

Old 11-27-2010, 11:42 AM

913 posts, read 2,361,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post
I thought it was strange/funny when we were down there the first week of November, folks rushing to get their Christmas decorations up before it got too "cold".....

Frank
I always like when the temp gets down below 50 and the locals put on their snow boots, parkas and gloves. Since I am not a full time resident yet, I'm walking around in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops. I know I probably look is silly to them as they look to me and that's OK.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:43 AM

And how can I forget this one....(as I'm pretending to watch the Ohio State/Michigan game with the family)

I was so glad to finally switch our Ohio plates for Florida plates. I can't tell you how many times I have been driving down the road here and someone in a car next to me leans out and screams O-H!!!! Or Go BUCKS!!! Geesh...Crazy Buckeyes...

Old 11-27-2010, 12:33 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,043,627 times
No one mentioned the SKIES! You did mention the natural beauty, but I am constantly amazed at the skies - whether it is the deep blue skies during the day, or the amazing sunsets! As a photographer, I am having a blast! (Once I learned about my lenses fogging up when I head outside).

I am up in NY now - can't wait to be back in SRQ next week - BRRRR< It's CCCCOLD up here!

Old 11-27-2010, 01:05 PM

879 posts, read 1,952,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachymom View Post
That IS funny! It's quite the opposite up north. "Hon, the temps are going to be above freezing this weekend. Time to get the lights up!"
lol yes! first warmish/dry weekend everyone gets out there and decorates!! today it's in the 30s in my old town but if it's sunny and dry they will be out there putting up lights!

Old 11-27-2010, 01:50 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,531,128 times
I'm also taken back by the offer to help you take out groceries to the car. Up north here you push a cart across a frozen tundra of ice filled ruts that almost tip your cart over....up here you could use a hand...

BTW, at my Florida house we have folks walk their dogs by every day, and I've NEVER EVER seen one mess in my yard.....

Frank

Old 11-27-2010, 02:27 PM

440 posts, read 1,052,506 times
I love those cute little lizards (anoles) scurrying around. I even love the alligators sunning on the shore. When I was down in September, I waded out in the Gulf and tons of silvery fish were swimming all around. I was just worried the pelicans might dive bomb me for their next meal LOL. Did I say, love the pelicans. The Meadows where my condo is, won some kind of award for providing doggie bag stations and drop off pails along their walking trails. I believe their approach is being used as a prototype in some other sections of Sarasota County. However when I was househunting some dog left a huge dump in the driveway of the house I finally bought, eeew! None since then.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:40 PM

481 posts, read 943,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachymom View Post
So, I'm not the only one who noticed the hair thing? I still say the humidity in Ohio is as bad if not worse than here.

I haven't noticed the spay/neuter thing yet but I have noticed the poop. If you are going to take your dog on Lagacy Trail, clean up the poop!

I, too, love the stacked up turtles! And the acorns. Speaking of acorns, when we first moved here I wondered why the squirrels were so skinny. My DD9 said, "Mom, obviously because they don't have to fatten up for the winter...."

And I do have some minor complaints...the shopping malls here are...eehhh...
I know we have been quite spoiled in C-bus with Easton Town Center and Polaris. Les Wexner lives there and designed the best there. I walked into the Gap for the first time last week at the Westfield (south). I didn't know they made them that small. And I'm not even a big mall shopper by any stretch. I prefer small, artsy places..Oh, well. At least the north Westfield has a Bare Escentuals.

And those no-see-ums were really out to get me there for awhile. And I was tortured for days by one little fire ant bite.
Um, you forgot the awesome Girl Scout leaders!!! Hahaha.

If you ever feel like taking a drive (like a 3 hour drive) you should head south to Sunrise. They have the largest indoor outlet mall, Sawgrass Mills. Thats' serious malling. Or in Tampe they ahve the Interntinal Mall which is huge and and has realy nice stores.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
Um, you forgot the awesome Girl Scout leaders!!! Hahaha.

If you ever feel like taking a drive (like a 3 hour drive) you should head south to Sunrise. They have the largest indoor outlet mall, Sawgrass Mills. Thats' serious malling. Or in Tampe they ahve the Interntinal Mall which is huge and and has realy nice stores.
Yes, of course the awesome Girl Scout leaders!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area